Dealing with hot weather

Steve Ruch

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_20230618_075933.jpg
55f in the morning, 85 predicted for late afternoon. Once we started putting fans in a couple windows our electric bills dropped.

We call that March lol. Under 90 and not humid as hell? Winter, Spring, or maybe November.

Zambezi and I sound close, but Zambezi gets the heat, and I get the humidity. I just got new windows. They help a bunch. If we had to deal with fans, my house would be around 90. We have lost power during hurricane season. That is not fun.

I get the humidity from mid November to end February.
Hot & dry is much nicer than hot & wet!

That works here in April and oct, lol. Summer here is 80F at night

Here in Eugene, Oregon we are starting to see high 40’s F in the early mornings, but still reaching ~80F during the day. Some deciduous trees started changing colors a few weeks ago, and the feeling of Autumn is in the air. We have only used our AC for a few days all year. This is lovely!

Here in Eugene, Oregon...
...where there are something called "seasons". :p
Completely unrelated to beer, but it has been really cool to experience what different places have for seasons...
Where I grew up in northern NY, there was summer, fall, winter and mud
In Christchurch NZ it was summer, not-summer and lambing
Northern Germany was summer, fall, wet-and-grey and spring
Mid-Germany is summer, fall, winter-ish (if we are lucky 1-2 weeks of ice skating and/or skiing, otherwise too cold to do anything fun and too warm to do anything fun :confused:) and spring
To sum up, grew up in NY with no spring whatsoever and now in Germany it is practically the best season of all...:D

Last edited:
...where there are something called "seasons". :p
Completely unrelated to beer, but it has been really cool to experience what different places have for seasons...
Where I grew up in norther NY, there was summer, fall, winter and mud
In Christchurch NZ it was summer, not-summer and lambing
Northern Germany was summer, fall, wet-and-grey and spring
Mid-Germany is summer, fall, winter-ish (if we are lucky 1-2 weeks of ice skating and/or skiing, otherwise too cold to do anything fun and too warm to do anything fun :confused:) and spring
To sum up, grew up in NY with no spring whatsoever and now in Germany it is practically the best season of all...:D
Indeed, spring time in Germany is truly magic. Right until it starts to get hot, and then you remember nobody has air-conditioning. But for that, there's Hefeweitzen.

I get all 4 seasons and for the most part enjoy them all!
Winter is usually cold with a fair amount of snow (20°) and some really cold (-10) spells. Beautiful iced trees and plenty of snow globes.
Spring is everything green, wet but not usually too wet. Blossoms, daffodils, tulips, and the first smells of cut grass.
Summer is warm and hot, sunshine and blue skies, corn on the cob, campfires, outside everything and lots of outside parties.
Fall is unbelievable color changes, harvest, honey crisp Apple's, pumpkins, sweatshirts and flannel.
We choose here and take the good with the bad.
Cheers!

Back