Cook the Perfect Steak

Brewer #409343

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I know it is very common to sear a steak to seal in the juices and cook it until it has a perfect dark pink line across the middle, but I say different. I prepare my steaks a little different than most and usually get some funny looks when I tell people how I do it. The first thing I do is get the best boneless ribeye I can find. It must be prime and it must be at least 1.25 inches thick. When I get it home, I unwrap it and salt it liberally. I then wrap it and let it sit for about an hour. Meanwhile, I fire up the smoker. That's right I said smoker. I only use charcoal for this cook because I prefer the taste of the meat with very little smoke. When the smoker is ready and the steak is at room temp, I insert my digital thermometer and let it ride. once it reaches about 95 degrees internal, I flip it and fire up my grill. When the steak finally hits 110-115, I paint one side with clarified butter and put it, butter side down, on the grill. The grill needs to be as hot as it will go. Fighting off flareups, I wait until the steak is a dark mahogany brown. Then I paint the second side and flip it over. I then sprinkle some black pepper on the seared side and wait for the second to finish. It shouldn't take long and I pull it off the grill, sprinkle it with pepper and cover it with foil for about 5 minutes. When I cut into it, it is the perfect medium rare all the way through. no little pink lines for me. The entire steak is perfectly pink with the exception of the dark brown crust on the outside. It is also juicier than any other method I have found. It needs no sauce or dressing up. In fact, I get upset and send folks home empty when they ask for it without trying the meat first. I will put my steak up against any restaurant in the tri-state area.

I know it is very common to sear a steak to seal in the juices and cook it until it has a perfect dark pink line across the middle, but I say different. I prepare my steaks a little different than most and usually get some funny looks when I tell people how I do it. The first thing I do is get the best boneless ribeye I can find. It must be prime and it must be at least 1.25 inches thick. When I get it home, I unwrap it and salt it liberally. I then wrap it and let it sit for about an hour. Meanwhile, I fire up the smoker. That's right I said smoker. I only use charcoal for this cook because I prefer the taste of the meat with very little smoke. When the smoker is ready and the steak is at room temp, I insert my digital thermometer and let it ride. once it reaches about 95 degrees internal, I flip it and fire up my grill. When the steak finally hits 110-115, I paint one side with clarified butter and put it, butter side down, on the grill. The grill needs to be as hot as it will go. Fighting off flareups, I wait until the steak is a dark mahogany brown. Then I paint the second side and flip it over. I then sprinkle some black pepper on the seared side and wait for the second to finish. It shouldn't take long and I pull it off the grill, sprinkle it with pepper and cover it with foil for about 5 minutes. When I cut into it, it is the perfect medium rare all the way through. no little pink lines for me. The entire steak is perfectly pink with the exception of the dark brown crust on the outside. It is also juicier than any other method I have found venus steakhouse. It needs no sauce or dressing up. In fact, I get upset and send folks home empty when they ask for it without trying the meat first. I will put my steak up against any restaurant in the tri-state area.
Try it for yourself and taste steak for the first time all over again!!

And blood pressure.

Oh yeah robots dont care about blood pressure.

Pink line? Should be pink all over. Good hamburger/good steak is medium rare. Robots don't cook, and apparently, this one can't get decent meat either.
At least in the 50s, Robby the robot knew how to make booze:)

Pink line? Should be pink all over. Good hamburger/good steak is medium rare. Robots don't cook, and apparently, this one can't get decent meat either.
At least in the 50s, Robby the robot knew how to make booze:)
1705973641754.png

?

I've gotta say, your approach with the smoker and that sizzling grill action has me intrigued. Reminds me of a time when I stumbled upon meat on sale. I decided to try something new and experimented with a similar slow-cook method. The result? An absolute game-changer! The marbling of the wagyu just melted in my mouth with each bite, much like your ribeye experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for it again:) Damn, they made some cool stuff in 1981:cool:

Back