Cashmere Hops

Daniel Parshley

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Am I alone in liking Cashmere hops? I tried some with a Mosaic recipe and really liked them. I tried the Cashmere for bittering and liked them even more and have done my last 5 batches with them, including 2 with only Cashmere. Yeast - I made the same Cashmere only recipe with Safale 04 and 05 yeast. The 04 definitely had more fruity notes and a bit sweeter.

I've used them and drunk a fair few commercials with them. I'm yet to have a strong opinion about what they contribute. They do seem to work in the blends I've drunk, so I expect to keep using them, but the flavours they talk about don't jump out in a blend for me.

I love 'em! I make a blonde ale and dry-hop using the ones I grow myself.

I'm going to save myself aggravation by not even trying to grow hops in the deep south where mold and powdery mildew reduce any organic matter to dust in a few months. Meanwhile, I'll be jealous of your great conditions for hop growing. Are you using the Cashmere with other hops?

I'm going to save myself aggravation by not even trying to grow hops in the deep south where mold and powdery mildew reduce any organic matter to dust in a few months. Meanwhile, I'll be jealous of your great conditions for hop growing. Are you using the Cashmere with other hops?

Central NY, where I live was the hop capital of the US during the heyday of the Erie canal! I have the Cashmere, Saaz, Hallertau and Willamet. All have sprouted already!

Typically, I use Lemondrop or something similar just for the bittering, then the Cashmere for dry hopping. So, pretty much all Cashmere.

Central NY, where I live was the hop capital of the US during the heyday of the Erie canal! I have the Cashmere, Saaz, Hallertau and Willamet. All have sprouted already!

Typically, I use Lemondrop or something similar just for the bittering, then the Cashmere for dry hopping. So, pretty much all Cashmere.
Very jealous of the hop conditions as the only thing that grows in the sand in my backyard is collards. Not jealous of your winter. You can have that LOL.

Very jealous of the hop conditions as the only thing that grows in the sand in my backyard is collards. Not jealous of your winter. You can have that LOL.

The winters are a perfect excuse to stay in and brew! In the summer I sit by the smoker, read and drink the brew I made all winter. "Yes, honey, I DO have to sit here all day and monitor the smoker!"

The winters are a perfect excuse to stay in and brew! In the summer I sit by the smoker, read and drink the brew I made all winter. "Yes, honey, I DO have to sit here all day and monitor the smoker!"
Now, that sounds like something I would say:)
Or, "Yes, Honey, I did work really hard on those Thanksgiving turkeys, and I did have to stay up until 1am drinking beer."

Oh, I can brew in the winter too, but outdoors :)

Can confirm.

Im in Savannah and my previous employer tried to grow hops. They grew super well, but had terrible cones and definately got fried in the summer heat.

Back