Brewing these leftovers!

plane

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I made a recipe with leftover ingrédients I had form other recipes, I need to use before they go stale. I'm new to brewing with only 10 beers brewed, so don't really know how to craft recipes! I think I started off with someone's recipe and changed ingredients/quantities with what I had but I'm not sure! Can't find the original recipe!

I would like you opinion on my recipe. Does it make sens beer wise? Any ingredients/quantities I should change? I'm not looking to brew any particular style, but I would like to brew something that would taste good!

Thanks for your input!

Attachments

• Awesome Recipe - Beer Recipe - Brewer's Friend.pdf
    367.8 KB · Views: 61
I don't have enough experience, but at first glance I would probably change the lager yeast for an ale yeast

If you have the temp control, it should work. Make sure you pitch high with a lager yeast. You might want some more hops. If nothing else, there is plenty of base malt to ferment.

As mentioned, a lager yeast needs to ferment fairly cold, so if you don't have the capabilities to do that, switch your yeast to something like US-05. Otherwise this will turn out as a mild, slightly malty pale ale, very drinkable.

Agree with all the others, this will make beer. I also would recommend using an ale yeast. Us05 or a nice English strain. I use 1098 alot.

One of the best ways to start making your own recipes is to just start doing it. You will see what works and what doesn't

I initially watched a bunch of videos and read some online articles to try to get close to what I felt I would like. The Meanbrews recipes helped me. I remember seeing a link to a whole bunch of them on this site not long ago.
Once you make a style that you like, you have a base recipe, and you can tweak it the second time around.

I initially watched a bunch of videos and read some online articles to try to get close to what I felt I would like. The Meanbrews recipes helped me. I remember seeing a link to a whole bunch of them on this site not long ago.
Once you make a style that you like, you have a base recipe, and you can tweak it the second time around.
And tweak it, and tweak it, and tweak it... but keep notes both on what you did exactly and how it tasted. Then, when it comes out !amazing! You can do it again. And again...

If you have the temp control, it should work. Make sure you pitch high with a lager yeast. You might want some more hops. If nothing else, there is plenty of base malt to ferment.

Increase the quantities of Mt. Hood and Sorachi Ace in the recipe or add other kinds of hops?

Here's my list of hops. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• inventory-20231007.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 29
As mentioned, a lager yeast needs to ferment fairly cold, so if you don't have the capabilities to do that, switch your yeast to something like US-05. Otherwise this will turn out as a mild, slightly malty pale ale, very drinkable.
Thank you for your comments!

Would S-04 work too?

Thanks! I found "The appartement Brewer" on Youtube which I really like! He shows the whole process from grain to glass!

Back