Beer's On Tap in Dillon!

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If any of you are in Dillon, Colorado over the next few days, stop in the Dam Brewery and get a Nosy Bear Koelle. I did today. Mine was good, Mike's is better. And here's the happy beer designer showing the first-ever appearance of an Applied Zymurgy recipe on a commercial menu:

Attachments

• Noseybear.jpg
    Noseybear.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,260
Awesome- well done! Looks like a very pleasant place for an afternoon brew or two! Must be a great feeling to see your beer on the menu.

Congrats buddy, that grin says it all :D

ok now where's the recipe again?

Very cool, I have been to that brew pub before on a snowboard trip a year ago. I wish I was in Dillon right now drinking a beer. Congrats man.

cool. how'd you end up getting your beer made there?

Nosybear said:
If any of you are in Dillon, Colorado over the next few days, stop in the Dam Brewery and get a Nosy Bear Koelle. I did today. Mine was good, Mike's is better. And here's the happy beer designer showing the first-ever appearance of an Applied Zymurgy recipe on a commercial menu:

That's cool I guess, but who's that bum you got holding the sign? What a hack! You could have got someone good looking at least.

Sorry, Gern, wife was taking the picture. Here's the link to the recipe:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... -improved-

Mike at the Dam Brewery didn't decoct, instead added some Melanoidin malt - I'd start with about four ounces. He also reported a problem with one of his glycol lines allowing the temps to fluctuate by a few degrees which may account for the combination of banana and clove. It does make a nice brew - here's their description of it:

Attachments

• Menu.jpg
    Menu.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,220
Hogarthe said:
cool. how'd you end up getting your beer made there?

I entered it in their homebrew contest last year. It took first in class and runner-up for Best of Show. Mike, the head brewer up there, remembered it and asked me if he could brew it as a summer patio beer. The rest, as they say, is a Dam good beer! And it does make a good patio beer.

Back