20 Worst Trends in Brewing

How about the trend of rising prices...hang on to your wallet Mase!

And now that we are on the verge of being the next state in the union to decriminalize marijuana for recreational purposes, the state is pushing to sell marijuana through the State Stores only. Yes.... we have to buy our “booze” from a state run store. Can’t wait to see how that works out with buying hard liquor and marijuana from the same place.

And now that we are on the verge of being the next state in the union to decriminalize marijuana for recreational purposes, the state is pushing to sell marijuana through the State Stores only. Yes.... we have to buy our “booze” from a state run store. Can’t wait to see how that works out with buying hard liquor and marijuana from the same place.

Yuppers, ! I have been following that story too...I said to wifey the other day that they need to rebrand the state stores to something a little more flashy then the mundane "Wine and Spirits" ...maybe "Sip 'n Toke". :cool::rolleyes:

One stop shopping, makes sense to me...

Our local one stop shopping spot is Frontier Liquor. All of our beer, wine, liquor, firearms, ammo, fishing gear, grilling and smoking equipment and supplies, along with a few other less important things, in one store. When we were looking to move to the area, we hadn't decided which town to settle in. On the way into Fallon we saw their sign and I told the wife this is the place :)

Here in Colorado, liquor and pot are separated. Don't know why, aside from us being the pioneers in legal pot.

Just got back from Kentucky, yeah, we are indeed lucky.

Yuppers, ! I have been following that story too...I said to wifey the other day that they need to rebrand the state stores to something a little more flashy then the mundane "Wine and Spirits" ...maybe "Sip 'n Toke". :cool::rolleyes:

Suds and buds?
Bottles and bowls?
Libations and good vibrations?
Sippy and hippie?

Unfortunately for Colorado, being one of the first in the country to 'legalize' or 'decriminalize' brought another set of problems with it. Decriminalization for responsible adults is/was the easy part.

I live on a small farm outside of city limits. It is pretty interesting to say the least seeing all the hemp fields growing like weeds :))) all around us this time of year. The smell is in the air and it looks just the same as pot! It's really weird seeing it to say the least.
I also have a legal weed growing facility on the property just to the north of mine. It's somewhat amazing seeing the amount of energy that goes into the place. Super large greenhouses with multi colored lights, huge fans, etc.
Guess I'm old enough to remember friends not only going to jail, but prison for pot. You could easily say lives were ruined for much less activity than what we see around us everyday. I do think it's unfortunate the side issues that come up with it.

Much like with other prescriptions, there's definitely benefits if it's used properly. But, there's definitely those that abuse it, just like booze, painkillers, food, etc.
like you said, laws aren't made for the responsible people, it's for the jackasses that ruin it for everyone else

Suds and buds?
Bottles and bowls?
Libations and good vibrations?
Sippy and hippie?

Excellent Dude! Wifey came up with a cost saving one....they are already know as the "ABC Stores" for the Alcoholic Beverage Commission Stores...now they can keep that signage but it's "Alcoholic Beverages and Cannabis" ! :)

Unfortunately for Colorado, being one of the first in the country to 'legalize' or 'decriminalize' brought another set of problems with it. Decriminalization for responsible adults is/was the easy part.

I live on a small farm outside of city limits. It is pretty interesting to say the least seeing all the hemp fields growing like weeds :))) all around us this time of year. The smell is in the air and it looks just the same as pot! It's really weird seeing it to say the least.
I also have a legal weed growing facility on the property just to the north of mine. It's somewhat amazing seeing the amount of energy that goes into the place. Super large greenhouses with multi colored lights, huge fans, etc.
Guess I'm old enough to remember friends not only going to jail, but prison for pot. You could easily say lives were ruined for much less activity than what we see around us everyday. I do think it's unfortunate the side issues that come up with it.

This is the aspect of all this that I have found the most interesting as to how the state or potentially nation is going to handle the change and the impact of the laws of unintended consequences. What's the change to routine activity of people been like, is DWI up, any tragic incidents happen because someone was stoned, has armored transport really become the second fastest growth industry because revenue from sales is still considered drug money by the US banking industry and how have your neighboring states been affected?

OK...getting heavy....this is about beer, right?

This is the aspect of all this that I have found the most interesting as to how the state or potentially nation is going to handle the change and the impact of the laws of unintended consequences. What's the change to routine activity of people been like, is DWI up, any tragic incidents happen because someone was stoned, has armored transport really become the second fastest growth industry because revenue from sales is still considered drug money by the US banking industry and how have your neighboring states been affected?

OK...getting heavy....this is about beer, right?
Well, maybe think about all the good consequences too? People using natural, non addictive medicines, people not crowding jails for a very minor thing in comparison to other "drugs", police can focus on more serious and violent crimes, etc.
But yes, I'll cheers to a beer! (There needs to be a beer emoji for this)

Always find the evidence from the last 18 odd years of Portugal's drug policy fascinating.

Back