Water Chemistry for Dummies HELP I appear to be one

yes I guess theirs more to it than the taste, this entire city is built over a gypsum mine and it flies in the air on windy days, I can't stand it
Youse must have pretty good soil there Oz? I hear it's good in the garden for clay breaker?

Hey everyone, recently moved and had my water sent to Ward Labs. I've received the results but cannot figure out what I need to add to my water. I've used the calculator but feel like im missing a step since I'm unsure what I need to purchase/add to the water to make it ideal. Could someone take a look at my profile (attached Pic) and point me in the right direction?

Also, I want to brew up a NEIPA in the next week or so then get a porter and stout going now since August is already here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727-171708_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190727-171708_Drive.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 91
every beer will need different salts but but what I normally use are Gypsum, Calcium chloride, Canning salt and 85% phosphoric acid

Hey everyone, recently moved and had my water sent to Ward Labs. I've received the results but cannot figure out what I need to add to my water. I've used the calculator but feel like im missing a step since I'm unsure what I need to purchase/add to the water to make it ideal. Could someone take a look at my profile (attached Pic) and point me in the right direction?

Also, I want to brew up a NEIPA in the next week or so then get a porter and stout going now since August is already here.

That water has pretty high bicarb and alkalinity. I have the same problem which is why I use RO and build on that. Might want to consider diluting with distilled to get the bicarbonate down or use Distilled water.

I'd use lactic acid. Lactose is unfermentable sugar....

Based off my water profile, what would you (anybody) suggest to add to make it ideal for a NEIPA? I'm trying to find a starting point to gain understanding so I can later tweak for other styles. Any more help is appreciated, Thanks for the tips youve already provided.

Back