How often do you brew?

I try for once a month ... that's about all the bandwidth my equipment can handle anyway ... I need to upgrade!

two times a week every two weeks until I run out of kegs :) I have 18 - 5 gallon pinlocks

all the best

S_M

Honestly, it varies. I may brew one time a month, or might brew 5 times a month. It depends on my schedule, what stuff I have on hand or if I have to order, or if theres something that I need to brew or really want to brew(My house saison must always be on tap so it may take serious priority over everything else if its almost gone haha).

I try for once a month at least. My major restriction is equipment, I use a converted fridge to ferment in so cannot start another brew until the current one comes out of the fridge!
Usually a week in the primary, another 1-2 weeks in the secondary and then a week in the bottle - so the fridge tied up for a month.

This time of year I brew three 10 gallons a month. When the warm weather gets here, it is down to two 10 gallon brews a month. Temp control is only in one fridge in the summer. In the winter I can toss carboys on the shelf in the cold room in the basement and shut the door. As I am typing this on April 15, it is snowing out.

SwampWater said:
As I am typing this on April 15, it is snowing out.

^ bitter-sweet. Got one more run in the "cold closet" with SF Lager yeast, but haven't been able to golf yet.
Brewing this year will not be put on hiatus for golf season; I got a schedule figured out. Will continue to brew my two batches each month.

I like to brew two in a week, and after tried them (two months latter) I start over. This way I can make updates to my recopies.

Just thought I would chime in on this one. I used to brew a couple of times every month. That's before I got kids. Now I'm lucky if I get to brew once every TWO month! But I'm planning on getting to brew a bit more frequent in the future. We've just moved and I've been upgrading equipment (which by the way is ALSO going VERY slow). But I'm getting there. At the moment I'm enjoying a nice 9.5% abv DIPA from tap. So I'm not complaining TOO much. ;)

Cheers

Lars

Currently I'm brewing every weekend. I had some down time and the empty kegs were stacking up. So I will be hitting it hard until the pipeline is full again. Nice problem to have. I have five empty kegs now with three batches in the fermenters waiting their turn, and a batch on the fire nearing flameout.

Back