Tilt queries

mechamaniaboy

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've just got a new Tilt hydrometer. I've a couple of questions about using it with Brewers Friend that I'm hoping you guys can help me with?
Firstly, I can't download the iOS app for my MacBook. I've found and downloaded the app for my iPhone no problem though?
Secondly, I can't figure out how it works in with Brewers Friend. Presumably I need the app? Will it populate the Brew Log?
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

You'll need something near the fermenter monitoring the tilt to send updates to BF. The app can do this. You have to copy the link from your brew session from under the BF fermentation tab to the cloud settings URL on the app.

Tilt seems to support phone apps more than anything else, which is a terrible concept. It's useless when you leave the house with your phone. MacBook may not be supported but I'm not sure on that. Windows laptops are not supported. Many of us use the raspberry pi. It's a little tricky to set up but it works and it's not expensive.

The "tab" for the tilt is in your profile under fermentation. You can set it up there (not the app).

Second the pi. I picked up a raspberry pi zero w and installed tiltpi on it. Well worth the $25.

Back