rapid ferment / off flavours

my first time so a novelty to me and don't know what to expect apart from what I see and read about.
pics are through my cling film air lock;) I can get quite a good view through now its slowed right down. I don't want to keep opening it up for fear of a infection, not ready to make sours quite yet.
im glad you think it looks normal, but the top is a bit film like.
:)
It looks fine, as well as I can tell from the picture. Yes, when you open the fermentor for any reason you let air in but CO2 is more dense than air, so it should keep the beer blanketed and keep oxygen out. It doesn't look like you have anything to worry about at this stage.

It looks fine, if it starts growing tendrils across the top then you have something to worry about. I'd try to minimize the peeks you take but overall it's not going to hurt it to look.

It looks fine, as well as I can tell from the picture. Yes, when you open the fermentor for any reason you let air in but CO2 is more dense than air, so it should keep the beer blanketed and keep oxygen out. It doesn't look like you have anything to worry about at this stage.
ah yes I did not think about co2 being heavier, it should be fine then from the two times I've taken a gravity sample.:)

Agree that it looks fine. It's good to prevent oxygen exposure as best you can and limit the times you you peek in/sample but you'll likely be fine. Best advice is after you bottle it up just try a bottle every few weeks until it tastes good to you. Good luck!

so here is the result of the saison brewed at a steady 29-30 •C.
for my first brew I am very happy with the result, I think it will continue to improve as this tasting was a week after bottling.
full of different flavours and VERY gulpable.
all my worries about off flavours and the temperature were not necessary but will maybe try a swap cooler set up for the next one for the first few days. cheers!:D

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20180923_175935.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20180923_175935.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 84

Back