Help please.....

Barrel_Aged

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have 60 gallons of sweet wort ive been asked to figure out a hop bill for. Its left over wort from a batch a local distiller plays with. It is hop free. So we want to add hops just 2 centennial and mosaic at all the same times. Beginning of boil 30 min in and 15 left in the boil. Using regular pellets. Could someone give me a rough calculation or guess. I dont have all the numbers for wort only rough guesses like 24 plato and around 1.100 og. A total amount of each will work and ill just split each up into 3rds combine and add.

Thanks in advance for any help provided. This beer will be going into a bourbon barrel for 6 months.

Yes but Im lacking the numbers required. Im looking for the amount to put in. There isn't a calculator for that specifically. I can manually add hops to a blank recipe and it just calculates what I input. Ive exhausted all avenues this far except for here but ty tho at least I know people will see this and someone will be like BAM heres your answer. Lol

go here and play around, I added 100 pounds of 2row then 60 gallons starting boil, don't know your ending so put what that's going to be, I just added 5 oz of each hop at 30 minutes and also at 15 minutes and the ibu's came out at 57 , only you know what you want as far as alcohol or bitterness

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/calculator

Most distillers "wort" is pretty nasty.
The point I'm making is that it may not be worth the effort to try to make beer out of it.
If it tastes good though, it may be worth a shot.
For starters, I'd start in the recipe builder and add enough DME to reach the OG you have. Then I'd build the beer based on what style I was trying to make.
Good Luck,
Brian

Most distillers "wort" is pretty nasty.
The point I'm making is that it may not be worth the effort to try to make beer out of it.
If it tastes good though, it may be worth a shot.
For starters, I'd start in the recipe builder and add enough DME to reach the OG you have. Then I'd build the beer based on what style I was trying to make.
Good Luck,
Brian
And even if it tastes good, it can still have a lot of precursors to nasty flavors or nasty flavors masked by the sugars. Don't be surprised if, even if the wort tastes good, you get really crappy beer out of it.

Eh roll the dice, see what happens. Good luck. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Back