Dry hopping w lupulin extract

Huff

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey folks has anyone had experience dry hopping with lupulin extract? I’m excited to try it because some of my favorite beers are made like this, but it seems like the pellets of extract have all coagulated near the top of the fermenter; see attached photo.

Does this look normal to people who have experience with this? Thanks.

Attachments

• 693F9D39-3DFD-46A3-87B7-4FD554694D6A.jpeg
    693F9D39-3DFD-46A3-87B7-4FD554694D6A.jpeg
    573.6 KB · Views: 115
That is a problem and it should be used mostly in a whirlpool more than the fermenter, no fix for that I'm afraid other than shaking it up

Plus, it's pure bitterness, not really what you want from dry hopping.

your talking about hop powder not oil right the powder is hard to work with like your finding out and has very little bitterness

I think I misspoke on the original post folks. I used Cryohops pellets. I do believe they are lupulin extract though correct??

The shake on the fermenter worked well so thanks for that. It’s a New England IPA so not worried about clarity. I was told by my “guy” at my local hbs that these are specifically great for dry hopping so hoping they’re good;)

that's what I thought and yes I've used them before, they do have a slightly different flavor than the normal variety but still good, good luck with it

Back