Lacto infection

BiggHaus

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have a lacto infection starting in my secondary today is bottling day should i bottle or dump it has anyone had this happen to them and what did you do to fix it thx

I've never had an infection in my beer that I could put a species name to, but they've all tasted like #%^%^&. If I knew for sure I had an infection, I'd dump it and bleach the bejeezus out of everything. Then again, I'm sure it conforms to one or the other of the wort infections Belgians like to call beer. I kid the Belgians - because I care. You aren't Belgian, are you?

Seriously, you have tasted it, right? Good beer looks pretty funky sometimes. I wouldn't dump a batch just on appearance.

well i tasted it was not bad so i think it might have been bret infection from dry hopping wild yeast so i bottled it and we will see after 10 days what we got lol

if you think you have an infection and especially with brett clean your equipment and specfically all plastic very well. i would even consider replacing all of my plastic because brett is a pretty persistent guy...

Back