Propane Burner

No problems yet. I get a nice blue flame from mine and it puts out a lot of heat. I haven't read the reviews, but I wonder if the people who posted the negative ones checked the air mixer. I get the best flame on mine when I have the mixer wide open.

I let somebody use mine (without supervision) for a crawfish boil recently. At one point he comes up to me and tells me that my burner doesn't work. I go outside to check it out, and see this other guy taking the whole thing apart to try to figure out the problem. I had this "WTF dude?" expression on my face, and he put it back together. I hooked up the tank and it fired right up. Turns out they had the regulator shut off. Then the guy goes down the street and gets his other friend's crawfish cooker that has 2 jet burners and ends up not even using mine.

I don't know the point of that story.
Does every story have to have a point ? I'd suggest not letting idiots play with your toys but that might be more of a moral not a point ..... Bout due for metric squirrels to get another mention maybe ?

Yea I'm obviously they weren't homebrewers or they would of known their way around a burner especially when half skunked:p.

Have I told you I've cooked some of my best meals whilst pist ha ha

Does every story have to have a point ? I'd suggest not letting idiots play with your toys but that might be more of a moral not a point ..... Bout due for metric squirrels to get another mention maybe ?

I figured no instruction was needed based on the fact I'd seen one of them doing crawfish boils in the past. All in fun though, the crawfish were great.
How about these morals:
1. Never assume anything. When you assume, some guy disassembles your stuff for no reason.
2. Even if you have a 100,000 btu burner, somebody down the street is gonna have a 200,000 btu burner.

I recently picked up the Bayou Classic KAB6. I would highly recommend it if you are using a Keggle because of the wider base. Also, it seems that the manufacturer has taken notice of some of the mods that home brewers were utilizing to make their product better suited for their purposes. The burner is now higher and the windscreen is too. When I ordered it I expected to have to make some modification, but after using it I have concluded that it is a great burner as-is. If you are not using a keggle, then the KAB4 will most probably be a great choice. It is a little less and takes up a little less space in the garage.

Back