Good Afternoon!

Metric squirrels ? .....easier to import nuts for at least !
I used to hunt dropbears until I lost an ear and almost an eye to one and that ruined my yodelling career ....

If required I can actually offer a little solid advice but mostly ignore me as I'm just an Aussie with an internet confection

(All typos are intentional )

Good Afternoon!

A little about myself... I have been reading and watching videos off and on for years, but in earnest the last 6 months (as now I have the time since my son is now in college). In January, we (my wife and I) took the plunge into home brewing and enjoying every minute of it.

Equipment-wise, believe it or not, I started off with purchasing a new small chest freezer (idylis), chest freezer and built my keezer. I wanted a way to keep the beer rather than bottling as that part never interested me. Once the keezer was built, we purchased a brew kit (carboys, hydrometer, thermometer, auto-siphon, etc., etc.) and jumped right into brewing. Late January was our first beer brew date, and we just finished our third brew day this past Sunday.

Our first brew was a Caribou Slobber (extract) from Northern Brewer and there's probably only a pint or two left in the keg already. Our second brew was a Vanilla Porter (Partial Mash - Northern Brewer), and it just went into the keeper three days ago. Our latest beer was the Dead Ringer IPA (extract - Northern Brewer) and as I mentioned earlire, we just brewed that this past Sunday.

And yes! I did say my wife and I, as she is just as in love with homebrewing as I am.

We are preparing to do our first All-Grain as our next batch and looking for any suggestions (seasonally considerate) for our first all-grain.

I have been reading these forums for quite some time, but finally decided to take the plunge and introduce myself as the latest noob on the forums.

Looking forward to interacting with you all and CHEERS!
Welcome and Cheers!!! Your story sounds a lot like ours (husband/wife brewing team), and we started out similarly with extracts. We are starting to try some partial/mini-mashes now.

Welcome and Cheers!!! Your story sounds a lot like ours (husband/wife brewing team), and we started out similarly with extracts. We are starting to try some partial/mini-mashes now.
The mini mash was fun, and being more involved with the success or failure of the beer is pretty cool. Our first "All Grain" will be in the next couple weeks and we can't wait. Cheers to you and the Mrs.

Back