G'day from an Island under the land Down Under

Asto

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am just starting out brewing. I've only brewed 4 batches from cans and added extract, malt and dextrose. I was very lucky to make a good first batch so I have just continued on with the same method. I was told by an old salt, seaman, to just brew the same recipe a dozen times to get use to the process and then alter it afterwards. I joined to see just how everyone else is doing, and hopefully garner some tips on my journey.
I'm 51 years old, didn't drink much in my younger years, and now enjoy a beer or two. The type of beer I make is a Belgian ale, so very mild tasting,
That's about it.
Cheers

See guys ... this is what happens when you sign free trade agreements with Australia ... we all invade your forum !
welcome mate ! Tassie right ?
not bad advice to try for consistency first , i did almost same ie: kit and kilo a few times before changing a variable at a time but it can get boring

When I started brewing, I preferred the pale ale extract kit. I brewed it often. I did work other recipes in as well, when I found something I'd like. Brewing the same thing over and over again never would've worked for me.

Cheers! You have a lot more brews coming forward. So Good Luck

Back