Dry Hop Under pressure

So I have been using All-Rounders for almost a year now and brewing under pressure. One downfall so far is dry hopping, when i release pressure to hop the yeast/gunk blooms (for lack of better words) and I lose all the pressure.

I was thinking about using magnets to hold a small hop spider and just tip it over when the time is right.

How do you do it?

I was thinking about the methods applied for dry hops and how to simulate them at our scale to avoid or decrease the entry of oxygen. When you dry hop during fermentation by depressurizing and inserting the bag quickly without throwing them and closing fast I have usually had no problems.

A second method I have performed is that of the magnet. This method noted that it corrodes the neodymium coating. You should place a magnet only on the outside and a magnetic stainless steel plate on the bag. my barrel is ss304 but to hold the bag and the 200gr of hops I need a magnet on the inside and another on the outside.

A third method is during fermentation at the exit of the spunding valve I connect it to another keg and with the CO2 I dislodge the O2. After the fermentation transfer to this keg with the hops inside.

The last one I'm rehearsing is simulating a hop cannon. I got a pet keg. I pressurize it with the hop inside and by gravity I transfer a part of the beer to it. I shake it and return it by raising its level, and start again, In one day the desired level of aroma and flavor is achieved. Even I could risk that with less hops I would achieve it.

20220521_102550.jpg

Back