2021 Beer Stats

+1000

I love researching styles, creating recipes, brewing, drinking the end results (whether good or not so much), and sharing what I make. Such a great hobby.
This is brewing!
It's the passion that drives me and what I like to see in brewers. If there's not the fire in the eyes, than it's not for you.
If there is, then it's a wild, crazy open book and window into what you can make.
What a great hobby!

Good reminder...time to pay the tax man! ...looks like 37 liters@0.004407€/L/°OG :D
(<200L is tax free for personal use)
View attachment 18679
Yoohoo!! Was just filling out the tax return and found out, that for 2021 and 2022 they have reduced the tax to 0.003935€/L/°OG
My tax bill turns out to be a whopping 2.12€!

PS, Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
2021 brewing was cut short due to herniated discs (L4/L5 and L5/S1) in my back.
Once I get the new brewing space set up I may try working on some small extract batches just so I don't get too far removed from the hobby.
upload_2021-12-25_15-5-45.png

2021 brewing was cut short due to herniated discs (L4/L5 and L5/S1) in my back.
Once I get the new brewing space set up I may try working on some small extract batches just so I don't get too far removed from the hobby.
View attachment 18715
Good luck Craig, glad you have rejoined us.

I managed 9 batches this year, which is down from 19 in 2020.
2 - Cascade
2 - English Brown (for my bride)
2 - Citra W/Mosaic
1 - IPA
1 - Amarillo/Cashmere
1 - Citiva (w/ Voss Kveik... Dumped)

I'll get one more boiled up and in the fermenter before the ball drops in Time Square.

On par with most years brew stats.
Screenshot_20211229-110832_Samsung Internet.jpg

Because of the BFC Quarterly brew I've got alot more veriety this year than lagers ales and the odd dark beer.

On a whole I feel I've brewed my best beer on average over all this year. Personally the output drinking standard was alot more better.

My new years brewlution this year was revisit and brew existing recipies. Tick
Brew styles I've not brewed before tick Belgian Dubble tick Grodziski tick Irish Red.

Cheers all and happy new year!

34 Batches in 2021. All but 3 of these were 2 gallon batches, other 3 (Irish stout, Irish Red and Porter) were 5.

English Bitter/ESB-11
80 Shilling-3
Stout-4
Dunkel-3
Oktoberfest-1
Munich/Vienna-3
Irish Red-2
English Brown-2
Porter-1
APA-1
Dunkelweizen-1
Piwo-1
Dubbel-1

well sneaking in batch 35 of the year tomorrow. Vienna Lager it is.

On par with most years brew stats.
View attachment 18758
Because of the BFC Quarterly brew I've got alot more veriety this year than lagers ales and the odd dark beer.

On a whole I feel I've brewed my best beer on average over all this year. Personally the output drinking standard was alot more better.

My new years brewlution this year was revisit and brew existing recipies. Tick
Brew styles I've not brewed before tick Belgian Dubble tick Grodziski tick Irish Red.

Cheers all and happy new year!
I looked at your amount of beer you brewed and thought 497 liters is a lot! Until I realize I did almost the exact amount, 130 gallons. We both must have a problem.

Not a bad problem if that's the worst of it. Cheers!

I brewed in 2021 'only' 15 batches, nominally 75 gallons. Started with a Wayner's, ended with a Wayner's. Only one was a dumper (Forgot there was StarSan in the keg).

With all that, I spent about $1.82 per 12-ounce bottle, although more that half of that was for capital equipment and CO2 refills.

Well I brewed 16 batches last year, Shady Bohemian got brewed 3 times, Shore Leave twice(first batch was a double). So 15 gallons of each, followed by 2 batches of my Irish Red. Did the first 3 Comunity Recipes of the year(got behind, plan on using JA's hop shedule on my next batch of Irish Red this month). Other than that did a Festbier and a few batches of various "yellow and fizzy" styles(pretty much settled on my Classic American Pilsner recipe for that now...well maybe).

My first year back brewing since a 2 child hiatus that started in 2008.

(5) Saison - Farmhouse Xtra
(6) Dry hopped Pale Ale
(2) Pale Ale
(2) Marzen / Oktober Fest
(1) Double IPA
(1) Porter

17 Batches / Corny Kegs = 85 gallons of finished beer. Not a bad year!

Happy New Year all!

Wow, love seeing all the smaller batches done! A few years ago that was much much less common!

Wow, there was some serious brewing last year! I made more than usual but far less than some above. 5 gallon batches brewed , one 10 g
Altbier-10 gal
Porter
Kolsch #1
Kolsch #2
American Stout
Kviek IPA
Schwarzbier
Helles
HElles Bock
ESB
Gose
Export Stout