2.5 gallon buckets???

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there exists a 2.5 gallon fermenting bucket?? i've been looking around for potential 2.5 gallon buckets, simply because my boil size is around 3 gallons, and i end up with about 2.25 gallons in the kettle. I know, how selfish, but it'd be nice to yield a little more than a gallon for my small batches due to my lack of life space. I think possibly a 3 gallon PET carboy could do the trick? my current fermenting fridge is about 20 inches tall, so i'd be fighting for space. Any help is much appreciated!

Mr. Beer Little Brown Keg works great for 2.25 gallons batches.

DanC said:
Mr. Beer Little Brown Keg works great for 2.25 gallons batches.

oo, looks like what i need, but it seems like they only sell that along with a kit? Any resale options that might have just the fermenter?

Go to your local bakery and ask them for a frosting bucket. They toss them. They're 4 gallons and free. A grommet is .50 cents in my shop.
Your welcome.
Brian

My vote goes for the Mr. Beer little brown keg as well. I use one for 2 gallon batches without issue. Just make sure you check ti for leaks before you start your brew day. I got a leak in one on first use at a seam. Took a pic and they sent me a new one. I managed to seal the old one, so got two for one!

Back