Fancy Hydrometer?

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard of this? Looks gadgety to me, makes me wonder what cleaning it would entail.

Screenshot_20210525-085736_Facebook.jpg

That made me laugh!

I still regret the $100+ TILT I bought! Good thing I learned my lesson then and not at that price!
I really like my tilt. Its not perfect, but does a pretty good job and has given me allot of insite into what happens in my fermentor

That gadget looks cool but don't fit the KISS method.
Man I must be lucky never broke a hydrometer and i break alot of S^&t!
I've already broken the hose extender thing on the bucket blaster

Ihave never actually had a glass hydrometer. Always used a refractometer or my tilt

Ihave never actually had a glass hydrometer. Always used a refractometer or my tilt
I'm hydrometer for OG if I'm organised. The tilt is good enough for FG. I don't need that level of precision on ABV, just whether it's finished. I'm still probably closer than most commercial beer anyway.

I really like my tilt. Its not perfect, but does a pretty good job and has given me allot of insite into what happens in my fermentor
Well, mine still sits on the shelf pretty-much unused as I found it to be "not perfect" and it seemed to only frustrate me half the time. The other half of the time I liked the "insight" you mentioned. It was also handy to see when fermentation was done but honestly, for the same price I could get 2 fermzilla all-rounders and a glass hydrometer that give me a nice visual of what's happening in my fermenter and let me see when the beer drops nice and clear indicating fermentation is done. - I'm not mad really - just disappointed. The 130 I spent on the TILT could have gotten me so much more in my brewery! lol

Well, mine still sits on the shelf pretty-much unused as I found it to be "not perfect" and it seemed to only frustrate me half the time. The other half of the time I liked the "insight" you mentioned. It was also handy to see when fermentation was done
I use my tilt all the time, accepting it as inaccurate. But, can you spot where on the chart below we reached FG? Who cares if the number is "wrong", I get the info I seek.

9350C8DB-11D5-442A-A6A6-D77B736EBC59.png

Back