Just for fun: DIY CO2 Refill?

Ya know @Trialben the commercial method of generating CO2 (as opposed to capture & purify) is to combust methane with oxygen, leaving CO2 and water.
Well I thought methane had more than one use other than cleaning a room full of people:D!

Well depends if I've had Mexican or Indian curry :p.

That ethanol plant co2 must be similar to just sugar fermentation idea...
It is. They make corn hooch with yeast. The fermentation process expells allot of co2

It is. They make corn hooch with yeast. The fermentation process expells allot of co2
Yep we got some sugar refinery up north in Mackay I've seen to ethanol plants running on the sugar fermentation. Blend it back Into the fuel at 10% we do here in Aus. Sometimes higher %idge.

I heard many places that produce CO2 use ammonia as it has the least amount of impurities that they have to clean

Many people have tested it with a match (somehow alchohol may have been involved) and found out it is pure enough to burn ,er should I say singe.
Oh ya. We called that game "blue flame"

Many people have tested it with a match (somehow alchohol may have been involved) and found out it is pure enough to burn ,er should I say singe.
Yeah I know some people are able to produce methane in their flatulence but not everyone can. I think it has something to do with your digestive system as well as the foods consumed. Maybe stomach acids break down certain foods differently that produces different gases

A lot of threads get derailed, but none quite like this one!

When I was a kid my buddy and I use to go in the time keepers box at the local arena. One of the older kids that sometimes ran the clock would use his lighter and get "the old blowtorch going", if you know what I mean. We just said, do it again as we giggled!

A lot of threads get derailed, but none quite like this one!

When I was a kid my buddy and I use to go in the time keepers box at the local arena. One of the older kids that sometimes ran the clock would use his lighter and get "the old blowtorch going", if you know what I mean. We just said, do it again as we giggled!
Not derailed, still a "gas" related topic haha

One of my closest friends who is actually quite a bit younger than I am has two young boys, and it is all about the farts at their age. And hey, farts are just plain funny, right!

Last edited:
From what I read. You have to refrigerate co2 to 0°F and you must maintain less than 21bar(304psi) of pressure . otherwise it will become gaseous and ramp up to 69bar(1000psi)

Just not sure I would mess with it
According to the gauge on my regulator, a normal CO2 fill at room temperature runs about 800 psi.

Back