My 1st Dumper

I definitely feel your pain. Beer is good for the lawn. Mix it with ammonia and soap and you've got yourself a decent lawn fertilizer

I only ever dumped one keg of pale ale, and it probably could have been drank but I was really unhappy with it so I dumped it. But yeah, sucks when that happens.

I used to ferment in a carboy with house a/c. It was my early brewing days. a/c kicked in the middle of summer. Fermentation blew up all over the kitchen while at work. I powered through a gallon of it, but the fusels were just too much....dumper

My first 5 gallon batch was a dumper :(. Still new to brewing and not really knowing what I was brewing I brewed a very hoppy beer, an IPA. Couldn't stand it, not even a couple of sips. I poured all the bottles into a 5 gallon bucket and let it decarb. Then I poured it into my compost pile, so not all a waste, I guess.

I've come to the conclusion that brewing is like fishing. If you are confident in what you throw, you will likely catch fish. My first couple of batches were fermented in a PET 6 gallon Better Bottle. I was confident in them. But I needed to brew more and ferment more and we had a LHBS at the time that sold 6 gallon buckets. I got one. I fermented a batch in it that smelled like pizza puke. I dumped it. I ordered 2 more Better Bottles. No dumpers now in 9 years or so, though a few different bottles have been drain pours. It was not the bucket - it was something I did. But my confidence in the Better Bottle has carried the day. Easy to clean, easy to sanitize, easy to use, easy to be confident in. And they don't break and kill you.

My first 5 gallon batch was a dumper :(. Still new to brewing and not really knowing what I was brewing I brewed a very hoppy beer, an IPA. Couldn't stand it, not even a couple of sips. I poured all the bottles into a 5 gallon bucket and let it decarb. Then I poured it into my compost pile, so not all a waste, I guess.

You live and learn, some turn out and some don't. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

I definitely feel your pain. Beer is good for the lawn. Mix it with ammonia and soap and you've got yourself a decent lawn fertilizer

Attaboy Frank! You plucked at my "Cheap Bastard" heart strings! That's a great repurposing and don't forget slug bait! ( No offence there @Sunfire96 !!) ;);)

From JerryBaker.com

For an extra special "perk-me-up," saturate the area with my Perennial Perk-Up Tonic: 1 can of beer, 1 cup of ammonia, ½ cup of dishwashing liquid, and ½ cup of corn syrup in a 20 gallon hose-end sprayer after planting.

Turf Builder Tonic: 1 can of beer, 1 cup of ammonia, and 1 can of regular cola in your 20 gallon hose-end sprayer.

Compost Starter Tonic: ½ can of beer, and ½ cup of ammonia in 2 gallons of warm water.

Waste not, want not!

Just be careful around tomatoes ive killed a nice healthy plant in its prime with some fermentor trub.
In three days it was dead:eek:.
I be careful where I dump trub now mostly on compost.

Back