How are all your hops doing that you're growing?

It finally warmed up enough for the hops to take off:
2020-06-16 12.17.50.jpg

Nice! Prune that stuff up around the bottom of the plant. It will send the goodies from the ground up the main shoots. If you don't you will still have a decent harvest. But any soil born diseases can climb, such as powdery mildew or such.

Had a look at my plant after returning from the Canadian Wilderness. Looks like I have some pests taking liberties with my leaves. Should I do anything about this, or is it normal? It isn't like something is going to town on it, it is handful of leaves on the plant. Majority of the plant looks good, right now anyway.
20200704_124920.jpg
20200704_124916.jpg
20200704_124907.jpg

I wouldn't do anything. The plants look good and that level of infestation won't hurt the plant and is normal. Keep an eye on it though in case it gets worse. You might try a little rose or vegetable dust if you are concerned. You are getting blooms early so you don't want to upset their growth.

I wouldn't do anything. The plants look good and that level of infestation won't hurt the plant and is normal. Keep an eye on it though in case it gets worse. You might try a little rose or vegetable dust if you are concerned. You are getting blooms early so you don't want to upset their growth.
Thank you for the advice!

Just guessing but looks like leaf cutter bees? Not a big deal. Keep them watered and to keep aphids at bay too give then a sprinkle like heavy rain in the morning. If more chomping shows up look for bugs to smash.

Not getting any aroma, is that normal at this stage? Note that I have no idea what variety of hop I have growing here.
20200714_173132.jpg

Patience. Still a little early. Squeeze one gently in your fingers. If you hear a crackling sound and they are like paper then they are ready. Looks like a few more weeks. After you touch them smell your fingers for the telltale odor. If you think they are ready cut one open and smell. The yellow powder inside should be on the darker side.

They are just wee little right now, and many of them have not started to fully form yet. I'm just excited, but won't rush the process.

When the cones start to turn pale you will want to watch them. My guess is mid to late August.

They are just wee little right now, and many of them have not started to fully form yet. I'm just excited, but won't rush the process.
Sooo peal back gently one of them leaf folds on the cone the lupulin is that yellow powdery stuff at the base of the leaf that's the lovelys right there!

Back