Bottle conditioning time

kaspar&piet

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have had my Pale Ale - FG 1.016, ABV 5,4% - bottle conditioning at room temp for about 4 weeks now. I have tested one and it turned out pretty great.

Is there a maximum time for bottle conditioning and should I put all the bottles into the fridge at a certain time, or can I just let them sit at room temperature for as long as I want before putting them in?

Thanks for any advice!

Keeping them cool after bottle conditioning helps them retain their quality. Once they're carbonated is suggest getting them into the fridge

there was a study done in england for the big breweries that send beer to the us years ago, they determined that the warmer the beer and the longer its kept, the faster the beer goes stale. every degree warmer than a set temp shortens the life, every degree colder lengthens the beers life to keep it from going stale. can't remember the details

Thanks for the info. Since it is getting colder now I guess I'll let it condition the appropriate time and put it in the garage afterwards where it will not get warmer than 54°degrees. Before drinking it will go to the fridge for +2 days.

I'm gonna need a solution for the summer though.

Just concerned, a sample I took 2 days prior to bottling tasted great! The bottled sample I tried today to check on the progress tasted awful..

Back