Favorite beer style of all time?

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
If you could only brew one style of beer forever, what would it be? You're allowed to change up the grains, adjuncts, hops, yeast, whatever ingredients you want for each batch, but it has to fall within the same style every time. What type of beer would you pick?

Hefeweitzen. I could drink that every day and never get tired if it.

But you probably knew that...
I think that's a versatile answer! Would you only stick to german weizen yeast? Maybe add some fruit from time to time?

I think that's a versatile answer! Would you only stick to german weizen yeast? Maybe add some fruit from time to time?
I like the banana and bubblegum (which is a fault) and the yeast/breadiness. A non-German yeast can do that if you stress it properly, but the German (and some Belgian) does it easily.

Fruit and beer do not, in my palate, ever mix. But sometimes they do. I'm thinking of Schoefferhofer Grapefruit Hefe If it didn't have so much sugar in it, I'd drink it often. And, at something like 3%, I could drink it all day.

When I say they don't mix, I'm thinking of that dried out lime wedge they ruin my Modelo with.

Great choice Pricelessbrewing!

Man the thought of being limited to one style makes me nervous lol!

I think I'll go Saison as well just for its really really broad style guidelines.
The saison strain I've been using for the last year or so I sware would make a lovely blond ale all the way up into dark saison style.

Hmm maybe that's my next batch another Ginger Ninger using some of that honey malt I got for herms wheat!

stouts and porters. so many ways to change them, flavor and age them to make such an array of different end products

+1. Plus, being packed with antioxidants I’d live longer (I hope).

Blondes, just one of my favourite styles. I was going to say Belgian blondes, but that might be limiting me too much.

Although, I've recently been brewing saisons, and really liking them. Difficult to choose between Saison and Blonde

Love lagers, esp in our hot weather, but have never brewed one (yet)

I'd have to say Pale Ale.
Talk about a broad profile!
American can go from low to high abv, hops all over the place, and from dry, to relatively sweet.
Pale golden to light brown with reddish in the middle.
Also the yeast can be just about anything.
That doesn't even get into the English or Belgian Pale Ale guidelines.
I could brew an infinite number of different beers all that Could fit.
Cheers
Brian

I'd have to say Pale Ale.
Talk about a broad profile!
American can go from low to high abv, hops all over the place, and from dry, to relatively sweet.
Pale golden to light brown with reddish in the middle.
Also the yeast can be just about anything.
That doesn't even get into the English or Belgian Pale Ale guidelines.
I could brew an infinite number of different beers all that Could fit.
Cheers
Brian
Pretty sure this is cheating lol

I want to change my answer to "beer style". :D

Back