What are you doing with homebrew today?

I had some issues with mine when I tested it the first time, spray nozzle was too high and I was getting backflow int the kettle. Once it was adjusted down, it worked like a champ.
they can be very finicky, you do need the lid loose so it can suck air in or it wont work

I've just put a bottle of wheat beer and a bottle of cider in the fridge to check taste.
Testing to take place tomorrow evening earliest

Picked up grains for the 4th run of my On Tap golden ale and the Honey Brown lager. Brew days coming up this week! I'm thinking Thur/Fri. Will probably be streaming them on Twitch :)

image.jpg

The new FF 7.9G. Got the stand too, so made a lifting handle that uses the two hanger bolts that hooks on the wall mounts. Sanitized and waiting for yummy goodness of Chocolate Oatmeal Stout.

View attachment 18968

The new FF 7.9G. Got the stand too, so made a lifting handle that uses the two hanger bolts that hooks on the wall mounts. Sanitized and waiting for yummy goodness of Chocolate Oatmeal Stout.
And done, including cleanup. Cleanup is the worst part of this hobby.

And done, including cleanup. Cleanup is the worst part of this hobby.
It can be all I can say is an inline pump makes quick work of all in one's....
As @Minibari said add some PBW and recirc that sucker nice and hot and then a nice fresh rinse and if your feeling the need an phosphoric Acid rinse and shes good to go.

Cleaning is the worst part. With practice it gets easier and faster.

Transferred Frosty Pale Ale to kegs:

View attachment 18980

Spot on:
View attachment 18981
Super nice looking!
I cleaned the keg that housed a Dunkel and transferred a Vienna Lager. Little sample was better than I expected. So I filled my little 1.75 gallon keg and put in the fridge where it will sit until the next zoom, at least. I have a pint or so in the fermentation keg that continues to sit in my 40-45 degree garage and I’ll drink that by Sunday since I need the keg and tilt for my next brew day

Where's the liquid line on the recieving keg going Frosty you purging another keg or?
I'm filling it via the liquid line and the gas line has a check ball in a sight glass so you can shut off the transfer before it blows beer on the ceiling. I fill one keg with star san and transfer it to the other with CO2 and then out of the last one so they're filled with CO2 when I'm done.

Back