Random thought for the day

Just an 8 hour drive north of us here is Southwestern Ontario, in Timmins, it was minus 1C (30F) overnight last night!
Screenshot_20210622-095757_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20210622-095610_Chrome.jpg

Is that your town Craig - Mississauga ? Folks from Buffalo used to do golf weekends up there. Maybe they still do other than the pandemic being in the way. The $ exchange was generally favorable for the yanks.

Last edited:
I am a bit southwest of Mississauga actually, I'm in Cambridge

I recall while on our honeymoon around this same time of year and passing through Toronto, riding down the hotel elevator one morning with a couple of older guys in shorts when the one said to the other "What's it like ouut ? he said "Eh, not bad at all, abouut 30". I clearly recall thinking to myself Jeez, these Canadian's are a tough bunch!

Mate its winter here qnd our lowest is 7c so far and were thinking it's a cold winter!:eek:
First two official days of summer, overnight lows of 9 and 5. This is not normal however, and it is about to start getting hot.
We get very high humidity here, so 30C can feel like 40C

upload_2021-6-25_10-50-33.png

I hate prepping for a trip. Makes me question the idea of a vacation
It's all a matter of perspective. Minimal prep is permissible (e.g. fueling the car) if you like. Yeah, a nod to the needs of the youngest, but you are not traveling to a 3rd world country. I can assure you anything you can buy at home is available in Boise, Tempe or Bangor.

That being said, travel a LOT and you will get good at preparing enough but not too much. You definitely need less than you think.

It's all a matter of perspective. Minimal prep is permissible (e.g. fueling the car) if you like. Yeah, a nod to the needs of the youngest, but you are not traveling to a 3rd world country. I can assure you anything you can buy at home is available in Boise, Tempe or Bangor.

That being said, travel a LOT and you will get good at preparing enough but not too much. You definitely need less than you think.
We used to travel a lot...I am in Agreement on your scales down approach. My wife though is a packing pack rat. It’s terrible.

As opposed to starting a new thread, I will say it here.

Happy Canada Day to all of the Canucks here on BF. Hope everyone has a good day! Even though we are dealing with some heavy, and disturbing parts of our history right now, this is still a great country that we can be proud of.
20210701_114644.jpg

Yeah, I'm not feeling to proud today so I'm going to leave this alone.

Yeah, I'm not feeling to proud today so I'm going to leave this alone.
I hear ya buddy, pretty quiet as far as celebrations go all across the country, and so it should be. But, ya, let's leave it at that.

Judging the past by today's sensibilities doesn't work. Everyone (indeed, every country) has its corpses in the cellar. Let them lie in place.

The key is to learn and improve. We do and we will.

Related: I heard "take off to the great white north" on an episode of the Simpsons today...

I was 14 when the closed the last one, there is no way those communities are going to let the bodies lie in unmarked graves.

Back