What are you doing with homebrew today?

Just got done updating my inventory, added 55 pounds of Rahr Premium Pils, 25 of Viking Golden Ale and 15 of Viking Dark Munich...narrowly averting a base malt shortage.
Was the cause of the potential shortage a shutdown of the cross-country grain pipeline because of a cyber attack?? :rolleyes:

Was the cause of the potential shortage a shutdown of the cross-country grain pipeline because of a cyber attack?? :rolleyes:
Naw, just haven't been working near a homebrew shop lately, that and debating about trying a couple different malts(Viking Dark Munich instead of Briess Bonlander, Rahr Pils just because).

Just keeping an eye on a fermenter. Gravity says it’s finished. Sample said it wasn’t. Not been long enough but Pub works fast. Still some conditioning to do. Maybe Saturday or Sunday I’ll keg it.

Kegged the El Dorado IPA, and got set up to brew COVID Operation.
20210513_202141.jpg

Bottling an ESB (David Heath recipe) today and prepping for brewing Janet's Brown Ale tomorrow. If I had a second Speidel, I would have done that in reverse order as today is sunny and tomorrow has a chance for rain.

Bottling an ESB (David Heath recipe) today and prepping for brewing Janet's Brown Ale tomorrow. If I had a second Speidel, I would have done that in reverse order as today is sunny and tomorrow has a chance for rain.
Oooh, let us know how the EAB turns out. I brewed that recipe, mind you with a couple substitutions for available ingredients, it was really, really good!

Finally bottled an IPA that should've been packaged last week. Unfortunately had a bad back flare-up and I'm back to being a physically useless human for a few more days. I'm not really sure if I'm going to be able to package the 2.5 gal of brown ale in my fermenter any time soon :confused:

Finally bottled an IPA that should've been packaged last week. Unfortunately had a bad back flare-up and I'm back to being a physically useless human for a few more days. I'm not really sure if I'm going to be able to package the 2.5 gal of brown ale in my fermenter any time soon :confused:
If I was your neighbor, I'd be right over to help. Alas.

Get well soon.

Oooh, let us know how the EAB turns out. I brewed that recipe, mind you with a couple substitutions for available ingredients, it was really, really good!

I'll crack one open at the meeting in a couple weeks. However, it won't be a true report on the recipe. One of my mistakes on brew day was to swap the 60 min Northdown hops and the 10 min Fuggles.

I'll crack one open at the meeting in a couple weeks. However, it won't be a true report on the recipe. One of my mistakes on brew day was to swap the 60 min Northdown hops and the 10 min Fuggles.
Minor detail really, should be good!

Sorry to hear about that. I am struggling with my sacroiliac lately, I feel your pain Annabrit:(

However, it won't be a true report on the recipe. One of my mistakes on brew day was to swap the 60 min Northdown hops and the 10 min Fuggles.
I would expect perhaps a small decrease in bitterness (in a very not-bitter beer) but otherwise no effect. This isn't an IPA and the hops have a backseat role.

That really sucks. Back issues are terrible. I feel for ya

kegged my hobgoblin style.

Thanks y'all, I'm starting to feel a bit better :) I'm wondering if it's illegal to sell my buddy my fermonster and there happens to be 2.5 gallons of brown ale still in it, would that count as selling homebrew?? :rolleyes:
You're selling the fermonster and the beer is a gift. I think you're in the clear. Any reason you're selling the fermonster? IIRC you got it not too long ago.

Back