6 Row Malt is great for any beer and style where you're using a lot of specialty malts, adjuncts, and wheat malts as they lack the enzymatic power themselves. A lightly colored base malt blended from several American 6-Row varieties, and keep in mind that using large amounts of 6 Row Malt may require a protein rest in mashing.
- Malt Type: Base
- Grain Origin: North America
- Wort Color: 2.1-2.5 °Lovibond (4.0-5.3 EBC)
- Protein: 15.0%
- Moisture: 4.2% max.
- Extract (dry): 79.0% min.
- Usage: 100% max.
- American Lagers
- American Wheat Beers
- Beers with Large Amounts of Specialty Malt
- Styles Predating the wide use of 2-Row