who's drinking home brew right now, I'm drinking a

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I'm drinking a low alcohol amber ale while watching reruns of Stargate Universe

Last night was a oatmeal stout night, watch the latest episode of The Walking Dead, as well as watching the MN Wild lose :?

Drinking a bottle of my Schwarzbier to see if I can find the flaws judges mentioned. I couldn't - the bottle didn't spew, there was no acetic or diacetyl characteristic.... Maybe they got the one bad bottle, don't know. But aside from being too roasty for style, there wasn't anything I could tell wrong with the beer. Gern B., you've had the beer, what do you think?

My Cascadian Dark Ale
Brew-BlackWatchLabel.jpg

http://fantasmagorio.net/homebrew-recipe-black-watch-cascadian-dark-ale/

Nosybear said:
Drinking a bottle of my Schwarzbier to see if I can find the flaws judges mentioned. I couldn't - the bottle didn't spew, there was no acetic or diacetyl characteristic.... Maybe they got the one bad bottle, don't know. But aside from being too roasty for style, there wasn't anything I could tell wrong with the beer. Gern B., you've had the beer, what do you think?

I could drink a pint or two. Did they actually specify diacetyl and acetic? If its there I can't taste it. Who knows. A beer judge can only comment on the sample in front of him. But diacetyl should be in all the bottles,not just one. If its there at all.

It's the only one that spewed. I'm going through the same mystery with my "naked porter". The bottles are spewing AND the first one I tasted seemed contaminated. Further testing has revealed that the bottles are spewing, likely a result of formation of mineral crystals due to adding chalk to the mash. They taste great but spew. The effect is rather like adding Mentos to soda - the bubbles can form on the crystals rapidly. Every Schwarzbier I have opened has been tame and tasty so I'll chalk this up to the judges.

The same competition, our table had a bad bottle. We asked the steward to open the second one to make sure we weren't just unlucky. I don't think I was afforded that courtesy, from what I could tell.

Drinking a Shock Top Clone, Belgian White, I'm liking this more and more as apposed to my normal III IPA beer, seams to hold flavor longer when stored

Who uses UNTAPPD app? We should all be on it!

Krimbos said:
Who uses UNTAPPD app? We should all be on it!

I just got on untappd recently ... it's like starting over since I had already logged 300 beers on beeradvocate

I'm drinking one of my hoppy IPA's with a 7% alcohol, well rather sipping lol

Brewing back to back batches today, Traditional "Amber ale" and I beer I call "Just Beer", drinking Boulevard 80 Acre Wheat Clone

Yes doesn't everyone Love the Broncos, I like My home team too KC

Drinking a Kentucky Common (well, last night, anyway) and wondering if Peyton is finally over the hill.

sipping a nice pale ale before bed, some beers are to drink and some to sip, kind of reminds me of my rum days

Brewing to day, drinking my Blondie and brewing Ye Ole Beer, an old recipe I found but changed the it a bit, it just called for just bittering hops then 50/50 grain and sugar, I added some crystal and finishing hops, will see how it goes

I don't know if this post belongs in this thread or the other one! I'm drinking my all grain Munich Helles. I sure wish I had a bottle of the extract left to compare!

Back