Who Knows (about Ispindel)?

Brouwerij Nuenhem

Trial Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon beer lovers,

I have an Ispindel since yesterday and am testing something:

Forget about the red and blue line in the image below (those are the tests I perform). What I wonder is why the green line (battery voltage) makes such a strange curve.

Spy 1-3.jpg

And sometimes I see a red thermometer in the top center and other times it is green. Why is that? I can't find this stuff in any manual or anything.

Anyone have an idea?

John

For the battery, I speculate (!) it is the voltage, and on the time scale shown, it is not unusual for the voltage to vary a little when the device is just out of sleep mode.

Best idea I have is to write to the iSpindel people and ask them. They should know.

Speculating:
Thermometer green: you're in the right temperature range. Red: you are not

But honestly: I wouldn't know

Battery voltage can change quite a bit. Unfortunately, there is no scale for the voltage/charge so it's difficult to say something sensible about it

Speculating:
Thermometer green: you're in the right temperature range. Red: you are not

But honestly: I wouldn't know

Battery voltage can change quite a bit. Unfortunately, there is no scale for the voltage/charge so it's difficult to say something sensible about it
Kinda what i was thinking. Without a scale that could be a 0.2v fluctuation

Good afternoon,

Another question about my new Ispindel. I measured my wort with a hydrometer: SG 1.062. The Ispindel indicates 1.012; apparently the device still needs to be calibrated.

I can't figure out how that works: apparently I need Ubidots to measure the tilt of the Ispindel, but I can't get that program to "see" the (tilt of the) Ispindel.

John

Good afternoon,

Another question about my new Ispindel. I measured my wort with a hydrometer: SG 1.062. The Ispindel indicates 1.012; apparently the device still needs to be calibrated.

I can't figure out how that works: apparently I need Ubidots to measure the tilt of the Ispindel, but I can't get that program to "see" the (tilt of the) Ispindel.

John
Usually you would calibrate it in clear water @ room temp. A reading of 1.000 is water.

I understand but the problem is:

So the problem is: if Ubidots can't measure/register the tilt of the Ispindel, I also can't indicate which SG belongs to which tilt...

I understand but the problem is:

So the problem is: if Ubidots can't measure/register the tilt of the Ispindel, I also can't indicate which SG belongs to which tilt...
Maybe @Pricelessbrewing might be able to help you.

Sorry I'm no technical dude.

@Brouwerij Nuenhem have you gone through the "Calibration" documentation on the iSpindel GitHub account? (https://github.com/universam1/iSpindel/blob/master/docs/Calibration_en.md#easy-method-i)

This assumes that you have successfully configured your device and have connected it to an account at Ubidots. Documentation for configuring your device and connecting to Ubidots is here. (https://github.com/universam1/iSpindel/blob/master/docs/README_en.md#configuration)

Could you confirm the steps that you have been able to successfully complete in the process and where you run into problems?

along those lines, my graph is accurate for temp and gravity, but the ABV is like 937%, which is quite high for beer :) Any ideas?

Back