Whirfloc addition in brew session

bouzafr

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
One of the steps should be add whirfloc @ the 15min to boil end.

Thanks.

You can add whirlfloc under other ingredients and choose finings and set it at 15 minutes.

You can add whirlfloc under other ingredients and choose finings and set it at 15 minutes.
That's what I do. And any more, I boil them 10 minutes, not 15 - they do denature after too long a boil.

I put those in custom my self under fining's, it is pretty much a standard today so maybe a finning form should be looked at in the future under the hops form

I'm not sure of the request here. You want whirlfloc added to the list in "other"? We can do that, but I wanted to make sure I understood the request. It's not in the "hops" because it's not hops.

so the original op is saying it should be in the brew session brew steps I think maybe we need to clarify that and it is when you add it to the other Ingredients but what I was saying is a form below the hops section for fining's maybe, just a thought

Sounds reasonable I add mine in other ingredients under finning set time set boil. Maybe we're being a little special :rolleyes:?

image.png

Gotcha! We'll try to add it to the "other" ingredients, and have it default to 15 minutes, but with the ability to change the time. Some use 10, some use 15, etc. We'll add Irish moss as well, since those seem to be the most common boil finings additions.

Apparently, adding it to the software is a daunting task due to the code in the "other" parts. We recommend continuing to add it yourselves, in the "other" area. Manually put in the name, enter 15 minutes (or whatever your boil time is), and enter "boil" as the use. Then it will show up in your brew steps.

Apparently, adding it to the software is a daunting task due to the code in the "other" parts. We recommend continuing to add it yourselves, in the "other" area. Manually put in the name, enter 15 minutes (or whatever your boil time is), and enter "boil" as the use. Then it will show up in your brew steps.
No real biggie to me Yooper if it means hours of re programming I can spent all of 5 seconds typing it in;).

+1 to this request.. it would be nice to have "20 whirlfoc tablets" in my inventory and be able to quickly add one without manually typing out "whirfloc". I also have no idea how many camden tablets, or whirlfoc... various additions for water etc. It would be nice to be able to track those.

Back