Where do I enter Corn Sugar in the recipe editor?

Vinyasa

Trial Member
Reaction score
I am making an all-grain barleywine recipe that I am trying to enter into the recipe editor.
This includes 1lb of Dextrose that is added 60 minutes into the boil.

In the recipe editor, I can enter this in the "Fermentables" part, but I think this would be wrong because it isn't part of the mash. I also think that I can enter it in "other ingrediants."

Which is correct?

60 minutes into the boil

How long is the boil?
Just curious...

60 minutes into the boil

How long is the boil?
Just curious...

The recipe I am following calls for a 90 minute boil.
Which is interesting because I am chatting with a guy on another thread who insists that a barleywine needs to boil "for at least 4 hours."

Someone always insists that X needs Y or why even bother.

The recipe I am following calls for a 90 minute boil.
Which is interesting because I am chatting with a guy on another thread who insists that a barleywine needs to boil "for at least 4 hours."
Beer lore. That's that body of ancient knowledge that no one knows where it came from but many take as absolute gospel, to the point that any minor infraction against this sage knowledge will RUIN YOUR BEER!!!!. Because after all it's self evident that no true Barleywine is boiled less than four hours....

Beer lore. That's that body of ancient knowledge that no one knows where it came from but many take as absolute gospel, to the point that any minor infraction against this sage knowledge will RUIN YOUR BEER!!!!. Because after all it's self evident that no true Barleywine is boiled less than four hours....
Your tongue is planted so firmly in your cheek that I worry it may get stuck there!

Back