Whats the gassiest beer you've made

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Whats the gassiest beer you've made, with what recipe and what yeast and tell the full story :)

This one can go in so many directions.... So I think we need a clarification - are you talking about carbonation or the gastrointestinal effects of dextrines?

Beer Farts, I'll start
brewing for one Christmas I had herd over and over again that if you want flavor use Belgian grains, so I started looking through recipes to brew and this is when Fat Tire first became popular so I wound up finding a recipe and bought 100% floor matted Belgian grains for this Christmas beer. The whole thing went great, very good aroma and flavor coming off the wort I was very excited to try new grains, beer was a hit, the whole family loved it, never having such a strong flavored beer nor had I (was green) at the time about 2 weeks old but didn't think about it tasted so good. Well soon we all realized something was wrong lol couple of trips to the bathroom later everyone was stinking up the house so bad we had to open the door every 1/2 hour.

Moral to the story age Belgian beer it will save your Holiday LOL

Gastrointestinal effects it is.... Can't say that I can pin mine to any specific beer. Age may be a factor, as is Tex-Mex food... ;-)

Back