What do you guys think of The FastRack?

FastRackCrew

Trial Member
Reaction score
Have you ever tried this system of draining and drying your empty beer and wine bottles? Check it out & post your thoughts! We're always looking for feedback.

Happy homebrewing!

http://www.thefastrack.ca/

WE dont need guys hawking their gear!

Got one love it. Actually my club is running the time trail next week. Guys don't be quick to judge they do support the hobby.

We pay to be free of blatant sales pitches. Advice to original poster: You really should at least try a bit of subtlety. We are interested in pictures of how gadgets and so forth work. We aren't interested in sales. That's why we pay.

[/quote]
Krimbos said:
WE dont need guys hawking their gear!

Sorry to offend any of you guys following this post. Definitely not trying to pitch the sale here - as mentioned above we thoroughly support the homebrew hobby. We do tons of giveaways and competitions for homebrewers. Take a look on our site...there are giveaways for store referrals and for clubs who participate in our competitions.

Just looking to see if anyone had any comments on the racks. We're always trying to improve our product design and make the not-so-fun part of homebrewing as easy and efficient as possible.

...and there goes the neighborhood.

My .02
I think it looks like a waste of money and more plastic crap laying around the mancave.
It's a good idea, and if I had them I would use them. My lhbs has plenty of empty 24x12oz and 12x22 oz cardboard boxes. Just put your bottles in upside down, now you have a free fastrack! Put some wax paper, saran wrap, foil on the bottom and it's even better because dirty air wont enter the bottle. Or just let it rest on the cardboard and dip the rim in starsan before bottling. I starsan right before bottling anyways....and don't feel the beer will be any better if the bottle is dry first.

You know what also works well? The dish rack that sits right next to the sink. Rinse, let them dry upside down in the dish rack, store in an empty beer box and StarSan before next use. Works every time, at least until SWMBO gets tired of empties in the dish rack.

Can you use them to decorate the kitchen?

It's part of that whole decorate-the-brewery-in-soft-browns and feng shui thingy we have going on here now that Larry's gone and Austin is 'administering' the site.

Never understood the value. I use the sanitize setting on my dishwasher and load all the bottles for a 5 gallon batch the night before bottling and take them out, sanitized, and dry when I need them.

I remember in my beginning days of home brewing (late 80's) I would wash my bottles and carefully stand them up on a tea towel, upside down, on the kitchen counter, being ever so careful not to touch the ones already standing. This balancing act would occasionally end in a domino effect of crashing bottles and diminished spirits. At that time I would have contemplated a fastrack, but now it would be a superfluous plastic encumberment and impedimenta, in need of precious storage space.
I currently employ a dishwasher, as previously mentioned, although it is a dedicated one used only for beer stuff, and store empty bottles covered.

chessking said:
I would wash my bottles and carefully stand them up on a tea towel, upside down, on the kitchen counter, being ever so careful not to touch the ones already standing. This balancing act would occasionally end in a domino effect of crashing bottles and diminished spirits.

I love this! I can see it now, somewhere around bottle 40 they all come crashing down.

I also utilize the dishwasher, but only as a drying rack after I have sanitized my bottle.

been toying with an idea,
get a plastic rectangular tub with a lid, buy an extra lid, drill holes in it for the bottles to fit into so they stay up side down, somehow attach the drilled lid and maybe cut down to fit into the tub so it will stay.
I figure I can get about 48 bottles in a big tub.
the tub will be sanitized along with the bottles. When I put the bottles into the tub (up side down) I can just put a lid on the tub and store the cleaned and sanitized bottles for ..ever if I want.
I use a tub right now to store my cleaned and sanitized bottles in but they aren't upside down. They are just stacked until I bottle the beer.

That's essentially the Fast Rack. My LHBS has had them for a while. I looked at them and decided what's the point when it's so easy to drain the bottles in other ways.

1. I think it's in poor taste not to ask for permission first from Admin before you post a free information gathering thread. Admin puts in a lot of time and effort to make this a place where your customers can go to share experiences with products like yours and other brewing tales without having to sift adverts.

2. I think it's pretty cheap you didn't fork over the 10 bux at the very least to your support of the site which I repeat Admin ... from above.

3. This is an advice one, If I were you I would be contacting ADMIN to see how I could patch this up. ;) Maybe ask if you can donate some racks for review or have a Post your Fastrack pics contest or give some Brewers Friend discounts. We paid at least 10.00 to be here. Just my 2 cents.

Annnndddd I am late to this thread so...

I use fastrack and I do like the product. :)

Back