water chemistry new version

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
@avantassel @Yooper

just starting a new thing so I can upload a screenshot of what I'm looking at.

there's some issues with how the water stuff is being treated in both the recipe calculator and the advanced water section.

When I click to edit my recipe, it saves whatever numbers were in the water profile section, but has a default first recipe listed on the dropdown. When I view recipe, I can click advanced water chemistry to play with salts and profiles, but it's lacking a lot of things.

There is no option to choose source water. The water target dropdown doesn't click to anything. I can't hide any sections, and it won't preload any of the malts from the recipe it's linked to. Thanks in advance for any help. warning, long photo below.

38218446_10156573934489299_5084870648556158976_o.jpg

@avantassel @Yooper

just starting a new thing so I can upload a screenshot of what I'm looking at.

there's some issues with how the water stuff is being treated in both the recipe calculator and the advanced water section.

When I click to edit my recipe, it saves whatever numbers were in the water profile section, but has a default first recipe listed on the dropdown. When I view recipe, I can click advanced water chemistry to play with salts and profiles, but it's lacking a lot of things.

There is no option to choose source water. The water target dropdown doesn't click to anything. I can't hide any sections, and it won't preload any of the malts from the recipe it's linked to. Thanks in advance for any help. warning, long photo below.

Thank Oliver, I do see this issue with Safari and am looking at it. This is working in Chome, can you try that?

its back up! thank you!

Went to tweak a couple params on an existing recipe.. the salt additions were pre-filled with random info while the grist section was completely blank. After correcting these sections, the mash pH doesn't come close to what I was expecting based on existing recipes. Calculated mash pH on this recipe was 5.41 a week ago, now it calculates to 5.71.

Using Firefox on Linux and Chrome is not an option.

Also noticed saving existing recipes is wiping out mash information. Related to the new "invalid mash type" validation?

Last edited:
Went to tweak a couple params on an existing recipe.. the salt additions were pre-filled with random info while the grist section was completely blank. After correcting these sections, the mash pH doesn't come close to what I was expecting based on existing recipes. Calculated mash pH on this recipe was 5.41 a week ago, now it calculates to 5.71.

Using Firefox on Linux and Chrome is not an option.

Also noticed saving existing recipes is wiping out mash information. Related to the new "invalid mash type" validation?

We've worked on this, and as of yesterday afternoon it was fixed. Can you try again?

We've worked on this, and as of yesterday afternoon it was fixed. Can you try again?

Thanks! It's looking better. An existing recipe came up as 5.25 pH whereas I had 5.28 in the notes from the previous version. I've noticed that all the fields now complain about using decimals, so maybe this difference is due to rounding in the formulas?

Also, the mash information is now being saved and all the info shows up on the print page again.

The Edit/Add New Profile under Water Chemistry doesn't seem as intuitive as it used to be tho. Maybe that's just me as I don't save profiles per recipe and only use this calc to ballpark mash pH with adjuncts & salt additions then save that info in the notes so its on the printed page.

Thanks! It's looking better. An existing recipe came up as 5.25 pH whereas I had 5.28 in the notes from the previous version. I've noticed that all the fields now complain about using decimals, so maybe this difference is due to rounding in the formulas?

Also, the mash information is now being saved and all the info shows up on the print page again.

The Edit/Add New Profile under Water Chemistry doesn't seem as intuitive as it used to be tho. Maybe that's just me as I don't save profiles per recipe and only use this calc to ballpark mash pH with adjuncts & salt additions then save that info in the notes so its on the printed page.

We're working on the profile adding part now- I did a screen share yesterday afternoon with the one of the developers, and showed him some of the things that aren't intuitive and are a bit cumberson and he's working on that!

Back