Water calc tied to recipe not incorporated with brew session

DonY

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've created my first recipe in brewersfriend and have a water calc associated to the recipe with mineral/acid additions for my target water profile. When I create a brew session for the recipe I see the target water profile is captured but when I click the embedded link to go to the advanced water chemistry page the mineral/acid values are blank. I would have hoped that info would have been incorporated into my brew session along the the mineral/acid amounts in the brew session checklist. Have I missed something?

Re: Water calc tied to recipe not incorporated with brew ses

In my experience, you are correct - and it is definitely annoying.

There are three primary water chemistry access points:

1) "Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator" link on the recipe page
2) "Water Chemistry" tab on the Brew Session
3) "My Water Calcs" menu item on the "My Brewing" menu

Only the "My Water Calcs" navigation actually gets you to the fully qualified water profile needed for your recipe. At the very least, the Water Chemistry tab should also do this if a recipe has a linked Water Calc object.

Re: Water calc tied to recipe not incorporated with brew ses

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm still getting familiar with how this navigation is organized myself, but I'm adding this to our issue tracker to see if we can get the links working in a more useful way, and so you can access your existing profiles easier. Thanks for the feedback!

Back