Technology malting and brewing
By kunze

Awesome book 5th time reading it.

Hopefully lots and lots of pictures!

I'm reading the book I purchased from vlb berlin

By kunze

Hope its in English Crunk unless you can read German :).
Or at least the pictures are in English lol.

No jokes aside I'm sure it'll make you a better Brewer and get one step towards the German beer taste:).

It is the English version and there are lots of pictures and diagrams and charts and more diagrams and pictures and charts

It is the English version and there are lots of pictures and diagrams and charts and more diagrams and pictures and charts
Except I don't have $299 to spend on a copy.... Maybe I should price the German edition.

Here a few pieces from kunze I think many of you will find interesting

Attachments

• 20170711_203017_resized_1.jpg
    20170711_203017_resized_1.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 20170711_203103_resized_1.jpg
    20170711_203103_resized_1.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 140
Cheers crunk on that first page they have an infusion mash of 63c for 2 hours :eek:! Maybe more fermentability of the wort through long low temp mash but that's longer than any of my entire mash schedules. Great book like the decoction explanation.

Just finished brewing a sMaSh beer using pils malt and Pacifica using a double decoction hochkurtz mash .
Hoping the extra time and effort pays off .
So much easier just adding some wheat for head retention than adding extra rests and portioning off grist for a boil and trying to juggle extra vessels

Yep beauty about about biab is I just lift the bag scoop out mash into decoction pot add a little mash water give her a sac rest for 15 then up her. Last brew I decocted with the lid half on pot and hardly stired no scorching whatsoever sweet!

I have John Palmer's book and I have this book this book just makes more sense to me.

John Palmer explains in his book in easy-to-understand terms for most people for me technology malting and Brewing by Koons is easier to understand.

I guess it's like playing the piano one guy can just play and the other guy has to struggle and try and learn to play the piano and never really gets comfortable with it

I'm reading the book I purchased from vlb berlin

By kunze

This book looks awesome! How much was shipping? I'm assuming it's shipped out of the Fatherland (Germany).

This book looks awesome! How much was shipping? I'm assuming it's shipped out of the Fatherland (Germany).
I looked into it: See above. $299 from Amazon (and all the other sellers). So even with Prime shipping, it's outside of my price range. I could buy about four conical fermentors for that....

I looked into it: See above. $299 from Amazon (and all the other sellers). So even with Prime shipping, it's outside of my price range. I could buy about four conical fermentors for that....
From vlb berlin the price is 149 euro or 170 USD. If the shipping is reasonable, it would be better to order it from Berlin.

Back