Upcoming release announcement

Pricelessbrewing

BF Software Manager
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, for the sake of transparency, and continuing to improve our lines of communication with the community, we would like to announce an upcoming release that the developers have been hard at work for a long time.

Testing is available for this update on the beta site, beta.brewersfriend.com. Please limit any testing discussion, bugs, comments etc to the beta testing thread apart from overall comments, suggestions, or questions.

Testing thread: https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/pro-update-testing-discussion.12871/

If you do not have access to the beta testing forum, and would like to be one of our beta testers, please let us know!

Because of the large scope of this update, there is a list of changes below but unfortunately I won't be able to go into as much as detail as I've been trying to more recently. The list ranges from Pro only features, to unit support for yeasts, as well as less exciting but very important quality of life improvements such as a couple search filters, and column sorts for the remaining major tables (recipe view, inventory, shopping list). Hopefully all the large tables are now sortable!

• Recipe Builder - Added Units for yeast. Now supports grams, oz, etc
  • Recipe View - Added ingredient column sort.
  • Brew Sessions - Auto increment batch code. Brewing the same recipe repeatedly will now generate a unique batch code for each brew session. Useful for labeling your bottles as well!
  • Brew Sessions - Brew Log Entry updated UI.
  • Brew Sessions - Add multiple devices to one brew session
  • Brew Sessions - Fixed calendar for date/time stamps in firefox.
  • Inventory - For Pro Groups you can now import your BSG Invoice and all ingredients will be added to your inventory.
  • Inventory - Tags, Price, Milled fields added.
  • Inventory - PPG Info and warning added.
  • Inventory - Diastatic power moved to tooltip to save space in inventory table.
  • Inventory - Add Inventory modal updated to cleaner UI.
  • Inventory - Added search filter.
  • Inventory - Fixes group editing permission error.
  • Inventory - Added Units for yeast. Now supports grams, oz, etc.
  • Inventory - Added column sort
  • Inventory - Added group button to quickly go to a group inventory.
  • Group Inventory - Added Inventory CSV export
  • Group Inventory - Added Inventory CSV import
  • Group Inventory - Added Inventory BSG invoice import. Mainly aimed at Pro accounts, makes managing your inventory, and ordering ingredients much faster! You can take your BSG invoice and upload it into brewersfriend, where we will match it to any existing ingredient or add a custom one where a match is not found.
  • Shopping - Added search filter.
  • Shopping - Milled field added.
  • Shopping - Add Item modal updated to cleaner UI.
  • Shopping - Convert to inventory will now copy estimated price to inventory price and also copy the milled option.
  • Shopping - Added Units for yeast. Now supports grams, oz, etc.
  • Shopping - Added column sort!
  • Groups - Fixed group invite and mobile nav menu.
  • Brew Logs - Event Notifications for future events, great for Dry Hop reminders.
  • Pro Equipment - Added temperature unit conversion to use default units
  • Pro Tanks - Icon updates for Bright tank, (conical) Fermenter and Barrel.
  • Pro Tank Logs - Event Notifications for future events, great for Dry Hop reminders!
  • Pro Tank Logs - Adds a Tank transfer button to tank logs page for moving beer from a fermenter to a bright tank.
  • Pro Tank Logs - Events for Partial Transfer, Transfer Centrifuge & Transfer and Filter & Transfer.
  • Pro: Any account with PRO, or using the PRO site (pro.brewersfriend.com) will see a new ribbon across the header. Currently it's black with a red bottom border. There may or may not be a Pro icon/badge added.

If there are any questions, suggestions, or feedback, please let us know and we will do our best to address them.
    We hope you find these features useful!

Thanks,

- Pricelessbrewing

There is something wrong with your release.
If I open any existing recipe, the IBU's go thru the roof & I can no longer select and steepables.
Pls correct ASAP

If I open any existing recipe, the IBU's go thru the roof & I can no longer select and steepables.
Pls correct ASAP

I assume this is for extract batches? Can you please give me a screenshot and/or a link?

Pls correct ASAP

This has been corrected, so please let me know if you have any further issues.

I can't figure out how to use the dry hop function. I added my dry hops to the recipe, then clicked on brew day. In looking at the brew steps, there's nothing about dry hopping. I think this could be a really great function, if I could only figure out how to use it.

I can't figure out how to use the dry hop function. I added my dry hops to the recipe, then clicked on brew day. In looking at the brew steps, there's nothing about dry hopping. I think this could be a really great function, if I could only figure out how to use it.

You have the dryhops in the recipe, but not in the brew steps? You'd like to see that generated automatically, I assume. Currently, you can add/edit brew steps, but dry hops are added post brew day so it's not in there by default. It is added via the 'brew log' right now.

You have the dryhops in the recipe, but not in the brew steps? You'd like to see that generated automatically, I assume. Currently, you can add/edit brew steps, but dry hops are added post brew day so it's not in there by default. It is added via the 'brew log' right now.
Ok, I see this function now. Thanks.

Back