Two More Award Winners....

That's awesome man! I might try that Schwartzbeir as my family would most certainly like it.

Nice job Steve. Your efforts are paying off.
Are you doing step a mash on purpose? Or just having a hard time hitting your temps.

I'm doing it on purpose with my Germans now, it was for practice on the Agave. The steps I'm using are the German "Hochkurz" process - 125° for 10 minutes (optional), 145° for 20 minutes, 158° for 40 minutes, then a 20 minute sparge using 175° water (rest temp is 170°). The ales really don't need it but whenever I'm going for high attentuation, I use it.

Mark, are you putting anything in the Brew Hut's Oktoberfest competition? I'm brewing my entry tomorrow....

Don't know anything about it, but I do have a fine Vienna lager, a Rye Lager (Marzen with a small rye malt substitution), and it just happens I'm brewing an Oktoberfest this weekend. If its ready in time maybe I'll give you some competition.

Edit: BTW I am currently enjoying a fine Ham Glaze Beer as I type. Sure is good. And Its all mine.

Not sharing this bad boy with anybody.

Come on, man! All the noise about it in here, you HAVE to bring one to next Homebrew Night!

Back