Thanks to the OWMBO

Mad Chemist

Trial Member
Reaction score
When I first started brewing and participating in the forums here and elsewhere I thought the OWMBO was an odd acronym. Why would a bunch of manly men who brew beer be so submissive to the old ball and chain? But with time I realized that the reason we must Obey the One Who Must Be Obeyed is because without their kitchen we are done. I have read about boil overs ruining the OWMBO's stove, fermentation gone wild exploding all over the fermentation room walls and ceiling and many other such disasters.

I am thankful this thanksgiving season for a wife (OWMBO) that is supportive and happy that I have a hobby that I enjoy and encourages me and lets me use "her" kitchen for a brewery. And she doesn't even like beer! She is a wine drinker and she doesn't even like good wine. She drinks White Zin! And that in moderation!....Women!....go figure.

Thank you OWMBO.

Mine bought me the initial brew kit as a birthday present. And now, I'm brewing in the basement mostly - my experimentals are on the kitchen stove. But she's a dear - never turns down a trip to the homebrew shop, likes what I do and drinks good wine.

Back