Table Beer

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to move toward a few smaller experimental batches, so I was thinking about getting a fairly standard table beer into a keg.

This is what I have so far. Haven't done the water calcs yet. I'd like to not have any leftover hops, so I'd like to stick to full oz increments.

Any thoughts?

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/726616/table-beer

if you like wheat go for it, I have a simple one, it's about a simple as you could get for a 10 gallon batch

Original Gravity: 1.051
Final Gravity: 1.012
ABV (standard): 5.14%
IBU (tinseth): 36.73
SRM (morey): 5.29

FERMENTABLES:
16 lb - American - Pale Ale (76.2%)
5 lb - American - Vienna (23.8%)

HOPS:
1 oz - Magnum, 60 min,
3 oz - Cascade, 10 min,

Yeah, I was a bit iffy on that much wheat. I do like Vienna so I might play around with those numbers
Thanks

yea found out I'm somewhat allergic to wheat so it's like drinking poison for me

I'll be brewing up my "house" blonde to get some yeast going and try some new hops.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/426770/house-blonde
Since I have a good local pale malt with a lot of character, I tend to use that but when I don't have it, I'll sub some basic 2-row and a pound or so of Vienna.
I sub hops depending on what I have and I got a pound of Tahoma recently that I've been wanting to evaluate so I'll use those in the upcoming batch.

I was a bit iffy on that much wheat
I've done wheat at 100%; don't fear it at high levels. Depending on the kind of wheat used, it can sometimes come off cloying sweet if it isn't countered by yeast haze or bitterness. FWH is what I fall back on. With utilization set to 70% and 30 IBU targeted, it does the job without being too hoppy, at least on my equipment and processes. 30 is high for a typical wheat but you're not shooting for a target style here.

I would probably go for a more flavourful yeast, maybe something into the Farmhouse/Belgian territory or maybe a juicy strain, like Conan/1318/A38 Juice, etc.

Back