Support for multiple Tilts on a single Batch

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by pivodog, Dec 29, 2019.

1. pivodog

pivodog New Member

I have a split batch of beer fermenting (ie 2 5 gal carboys) and it would be nice to be able to monitor both carboys from the brew session on a single graph. If this can be done please let me know?

2. Pricelessbrewing

Pricelessbrewing QA Software Tester
    Staff Member

I'm not super familiar with the API, or tilt for that matter, but I would first try to open two seperated brew sessions (one for each carboy), I'm pretty sure that should let you attach a tilt my each session.

Mase likes this.
  3. pivodog

pivodog New Member

#3 pivodog, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    That's one way to do it, but it's ugly....

It shouldn't be that hard to add the capability to display another set of Tilt Data on the existing chart.

4. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

Happily retired
    I think it is more involved that it appears- since the fermentation data is tied to the brew session. But I think it’s doable.

What I think you’re asking for is to have two different Tilts in different carboys, but still in the same batch. If you brewed 10 gallons, and put the red tilt in one carboy and the purple tilt in the other, you’d like to follow the same graph for the whole batch, but show them individually.

I like that idea, and I’ll put in a ticket for that as a feature. I think it will be part of the batch feature we are talking about, where you can split batches but have it in one brew session. But I’ll see what we can come up with.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Pricelessbrewing likes this.