Sugar additions during fermentation?

Tallbrewer

Premium Plus Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I've got an imperial IPA I made last week and I've got a question about imputing the numbers into the brew log.
For this beer I wanted to add some sugar at the end of the boil but after doing some reading decided to add it about half way through the fermentation. In the recipe editor I had the sugar listed under the fermentable tab. My OG was 1.084. I took out the sugar since it wasn't going to be added to the batch until it was half way through the fermentation. So my brew day OG target was 1.077 and what I actually got of 1.075 after the brew was complete. Ive added the sugar now and fermentation is complete. I'm sitting right where I want it at 1.012. Is there any way to add in a fermentable after the brew day? If not its going to calculate my ABV wrong plus attenuation.

Matt

the notes is all up to you, your notes do not change the recipe, you use then to put notes for that particular brew day to pull up for next time. if you add the sugar at fermentation and not the boil just put it in the notes and add what the final gravity was, then later you will know

I would also check the late addition on the sugar in the fermentables since it is a fermentable
select the arrow below the fermentable drop down

Back