Styles "close" to my recipe's statistics

Fierthy

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a feature in the recipe editor that shows styles that are "close" to the current recipe. For example, if the current recipe has an estimated ABV of 5.3%, this is "close" to the ABV range for a German Pils of 4.4-5.2%.

Then, I could see what styles are similar to my recipe, and maybe tweak it just a little to get it within that style.

It would also be nice to be able to adjust what is meant by "close enough",

I've thought the same thing. Probably not an easy request to fill, though.

When editing a recipe, click more. There should be that list at the bottom of that

Is that what you mean?

I don't think so. That lists matching styles, does it not? He means, for example, if all variables are a match, but IBUs are a point too high, let him know he's close to that style, just a tad off on the IBUs.

Isn't that the green check marks? Maybe I'm misunderstanding after that pizza and beer :)

I use the app, not the website. The app will list all styles that match the numbers of any particular recipe. If any variable is off even a little bit, that style won't be listed as a match.

For example, Amber ales must have an IBU in the range of 25-40. If your IBU is 41, it won't be listed as a match. But it's really close.

Back