Strange yeast/fermentation

Bors

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey! This batch is in fermentation for 4 weeks and my OG was 1.064 and when I measured the gravity last it was 1.03 and it is not dropping down. So I repitched half a week ago and still not going below 1.03. The surface of the beer looks quite strange, I've never seen like this before. Is this normal? http://imgur.com/5BSy4EX

first smell it, if its infected which it looks like to me you'll know by the smell, sometimes long fermentations develop strange films on top so I cant be sure

Well, there is nothing bad with its smell or taste, so I guess it's just looking weird

Link doesn't work for me. It just says "URL signature expired"...

I'm on the side of unintentional microbe infusion. It may still be fine though since you don't know what microbe it may be.

This post is good for a little more info.

I'm sorry, I changed the URL. I bottled it two days ago and now I can see the same infection on the surface in the bottle too.
Should I be prepared for some bottle explosion? :shock:
Thanks for the link btw. I could compare it to Lactobacillus infection, however it didn't have that big bubbles. Maybe because it appeared at the end of the fermentation and it didn't produce much gas.

Back