Steeping Grain in Partial Mash

Scotty112

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry if this has been asked before.
I am looking to do a Dead Pony Club Clone Extract and there is some grain that needs steeping. However in the brew session instructions there is no mention of how do it. Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance

Hi,
Sorry if this has been asked before.
I am looking to do a Dead Pony Club Clone Extract and there is some grain that needs steeping. However in the brew session instructions there is no mention of how do it. Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance

Steep your grains in 1-2 quarts of water per pound of grain at 150-155 or so for 20 minutes. Then add water to your boil size (you can lift the bagged grains out of the water with a strainer and pour water over it to rinse the grains and add to the pot if you want), and then bring that up to a boil. That’s probably the easiest way to do it.

Steep your grains in 1-2 quarts of water per pound of grain at 150-155 or so for 20 minutes. Then add water to your boil size (you can lift the bagged grains out of the water with a strainer and pour water over it to rinse the grains and add to the pot if you want), and then bring that up to a boil. That’s probably the easiest way to do it.
Thank you very much

Excellent topic for that FAQ...

I thought that too Nosy!

Has anyone tried John Palmer Partial Mash method where the dissolve extract and grain bag are add to the kettle cold water. it is then heated together to approximately 150 - 160 degrees for 30 minutes. The rest of the steps are standard.

Has anyone tried John Palmer Partial Mash method where the dissolve extract and grain bag are add to the kettle cold water. it is then heated together to approximately 150 - 160 degrees for 30 minutes. The rest of the steps are standard.
It's a better way but if it introduces problems, steeping in water is just fine.

Back