Sparging Steps / Water Requirements Question

Neal

Trial Member
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong...
I cannot find where the sparge water volume requirement lives??
There must be a place to print a brew day flow chart listing mash water volume, strike temp, mash temp ?
Also for the sparge water requirements.
* I know there are various calculators but, I need a printed copy of the brew day key figures/targets. (And, I don't need all the fluff steps.)
OK, I'll bet this is in this program somewhere...it's got everything else.
Can you help a newbie?

The water requirements section is as close as it gets right now (which is generic to cover all mash strategies and mash thicknesses). There is also the mash calculator on the brew session page which guides you through it.

On the water requirements section, what we need to do is break out the mash water into strike and sparge water. Shouldn't be hard. There are already a number of upgrades we have planned to that section for the next release.

Neal said:
There must be a place to print a brew day flow chart listing mash water volume, strike temp, mash temp ?
Also for the sparge water requirements.

That is an interesting idea, sort of like a brew steps summary. About the 'fluff', well, that is there to prevent human error - ever leave a ball valve open or forget brewing salts? I have and it sucked. :D

Well I'm glad these features are coming because I'm planning on 'making the switch'.

I would not guess this would be too difficult (I'm not a programmer) because you already have all the inputs necessary to provide this info. Maybe a 'Key Stats & Targets' section that could be printed/displayed. This really is needed and I hope you can find time to implement it.

(Yeah, but open valves have a marvelous feed back mechanism built in... :D )

What else would you want to see on the key brew stats page?

It may be good to start a fresh thread in the feature request forum.

Back