Some Well-Deserved Praise

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Today I put together a recipe for the first time in a while using the software. Everything went as expected - well, I don't know that I like the new "Other Ingredients" behavior. It's not immediately obvious how to select units other than "grams" but I figured it out. What I really liked was the linking behavior between the recipe and the water calculator. I put the recipe together, went out to the calculator, made my adjustments, came back to the recipe, saved it, then saw everything, including the mash and sparge acid additions, in the "Other Ingredients" section. The acids didn't come over last time I used this. Very nice, thanks for that one!

Today I put together a recipe for the first time in a while using the software. Everything went as expected - well, I don't know that I like the new "Other Ingredients" behavior. It's not immediately obvious how to select units other than "grams" but I figured it out. What I really liked was the linking behavior between the recipe and the water calculator. I put the recipe together, went out to the calculator, made my adjustments, came back to the recipe, saved it, then saw everything, including the mash and sparge acid additions, in the "Other Ingredients" section. The acids didn't come over last time I used this. Very nice, thanks for that one!

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate it.

As you know, we are constantly working on improving and updating our features but we still want to have an easy to use intuitive interface. I'm glad you like it!

I put the recipe together, went out to the calculator, made my adjustments, came back to the recipe, saved it, then saw everything, including the mash and sparge acid additions, in the "Other Ingredients" section. The acids didn't come over last time I used this. Very nice, thanks for that one!
Agreed!! That very important aspect of the system is really working well. Huzzah!! :)

Is the Beta version ever going to be pushed to resolve the Custom Fermentables issue? It works great it the Beta version but the current version out there still does not recognize them.

I concur, well done Brewers Friend people!

Is the Beta version ever going to be pushed to resolve the Custom Fermentables issue? It works great it the Beta version but the current version out there still does not recognize them.

Yes, it should be tomorrow. We had it done, but there were other issues coming out in this release that needed to be ironed out as well.

Yes, it should be tomorrow. We had it done, but there were other issues coming out in this release that needed to be ironed out as well.

Excellent; I've been anxiously waiting for this. Cheers for all the behind the scenes work to getting this fixed up!!

Just thought you deserved a HELL YA! for the upgrade of that nasty little arrow button for tracking progress of a beer in brew session. I have fought that little bas%#rd for years. On a phone or tablet it was very difficult to use. I am wondering why it is still there with full tabs to replace it. The original setting between arrows doesn't change when you just use new tab spots. :confused:

On another note before latest upgrade ph wasn't linking to recipe proper but now works perfectly . Thanks people's. Keep up the good work. :)

Funny thing, I brewed Friday, and didn't notice this, until now. Reading this I realized that it was pleasant entering my dates:D, thanks Yooper

You're welcome- and I'll be happy to take all the credit.
But it wasn't my doing. It was our very cool developers. :)

Yooper, you are the director. The symphony is just a bunch of noise until the director taps their wand three times on the lecture:D

Back