Some Info on searches from Brewer's Friend

I have some feedback on the new search function.

1. The OG and FG sliders should convert the plato and brix measurements. Otherwise it's a bit difficult to get 1.040 OG when it's the tiniest sliver on the left side.
2. IBU might be good to be in a log based scale. This gives the most commonly used IBU a bigger range.
3. Some kind of filtering on the ABV might be good. The one recipe over 28 ABV is obviously an error in the recipe.
4. Color might also be good in a log type scale.

In general it might be useful to put the sliders in the user's preferred settings. Then choose some default for those the anonymous users that search for recipes (perhaps with a method to choose).

Threw me a bit at first, but liking it.

cearum said:
I have some feedback on the new search function.

1. The OG and FG sliders should convert the plato and brix measurements. Otherwise it's a bit difficult to get 1.040 OG when it's the tiniest sliver on the left side.
2. IBU might be good to be in a log based scale. This gives the most commonly used IBU a bigger range.
3. Some kind of filtering on the ABV might be good. The one recipe over 28 ABV is obviously an error in the recipe.
4. Color might also be good in a log type scale.

In general it might be useful to put the sliders in the user's preferred settings. Then choose some default for those the anonymous users that search for recipes (perhaps with a method to choose).

Great ideas! Let me see what we can do.

Back